·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
50,821 Posts
Cause everyone here knows how much I love to sand :LOL:

·
Registered
355 Posts
Since my kids are both in isolation for two weeks I figured it was the best time to get working on a playhouse / Fort for them.
Only $100 into material with all the scrap I had laying around. 3 colours of Trex for the decking.
View attachment 511402
Make sure you submit your invoice for the deck for your TrexPro status . Nothing more fun than building something for the kids. Respect bro.

·
90%-er
1,405 Posts
Doing some finger math here... you start yesterday?
One of us poured the footings yesterday. That wasn't included in my number. I was out there with a floodlight at 5am today moving materials and setting up tools (we're staying at the house on site) and finally called it at 530pm.

We only have four days to finish this thing before we have to be back on the ferry to the mainland. Coming back to finish on a second trip is a costly proposition. We're eager to get it done in one round, since we're a four hour drive and a 2.5 hour boat ride away from home.

·
Safety Third
Red Seal Carpenter
1,066 Posts
We got a job to pull down ceiling mirrors in a basement library a couple weeks ago. We went back today to frame in this bump out wall quickly to hide the plumbing stack, which turned into framing in a pocket door lol. Plus put Rockwool Safe n Sound in the joist spaces, and put XPS and foam in at the rim. Ready for board.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

·
Safety Third
Red Seal Carpenter
1,066 Posts
Ugh, mirror walls give me so much anxiety. Haven't had to deal with one in about 3 or 4 years. Hopefully that means they're almost all gone.
Mirror ceilings are the worst. So stressful, especially with a finished floor. But smashing them into the dumpster is very, very satisfying in the end.

·
Punching above his weight
10,497 Posts
I did one job that was a gaudy Jewish/Italian North Jersey special. Entire main living area was floor to ceiling mirrors. One of the worst jobs I've ever done.
If I had to do it again, I'd cover the entire floor in masonite and smash them all with a hammer. Just get it over with and clean up. An entire day of prying with metal on glass was too much for me.
I can't imagine doing that overhead. You're a beast.

3641 - 3660 of 3739 Posts