Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

3581 - 3600 of 3957 Posts

·
Radical Basement Dweller
26,179 Posts
Wow. Looks like something from Gone With the Wind.

·
Focusing on solutions.
Hardwood floors/custom cabinets
5,702 Posts
What grit sandpaper does one use on green carpet?

Green carpet is gone, but unfortunately, the oil based black paint isn't. I suspect I'll have to go all the way down to 20 grit to rough it out.

May try heat gun first to see how it does. Gonna suck either way. But I did add a pretty good amount for the suck factor.

·
Kowboy
2,281 Posts

This sink has dropped and the inside corners have no radii, putting the top out of warranty.

Further complicating matters is the fact that the distance from the rear of the cutout to the cabinet front edge, shown in blue tape, is 21 3/8". Even using Elkay's Quartz Luxe Ferguson model, the largest this distance can be is about 20":

This Cambria has to be stretched 1 3/8" for this sink to work.

The failed seam is split. What, did they run out of adhesive on install day? Appalling.

The top is leveled, the seam remade, the top pulled toward the cabinet fronts, the excess overhang ripped off, and the proper inside corner radii created, putting the top back under warranty.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Hey Kowboy,
Do you have a material reccomendation for those who cook with cast iron? Looking for perfect sink and countertop material for cast iron abuse.

This sink has dropped and the inside corners have no radii, putting the top out of warranty.

Further complicating matters is the fact that the distance from the rear of the cutout to the cabinet front edge, shown in blue tape, is 21 3/8". Even using Elkay's Quartz Luxe Ferguson model, the largest this distance can be is about 20":

This Cambria has to be stretched 1 3/8" for this sink to work.

The failed seam is split. What, did they run out of adhesive on install day? Appalling.

The top is leveled, the seam remade, the top pulled toward the cabinet fronts, the excess overhang ripped off, and the proper inside corner radii created, putting the top back under warranty.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Artist and not a curator
12,990 Posts
Hey Kowboy,
Do you have a material reccomendation for those who cook with cast iron? Looking for perfect sink and countertop material for cast iron abuse.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Ditto. Whenever this recession that we all know is coming hits, I'm on a pinky swear to redo our kitchen.

3581 - 3600 of 3957 Posts