Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

3501 - 3520 of 3558 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,874 Posts
What are those things rising up from the kitchen cabinetry? Computer screens? Trash receptacles?
Those are pull downs that are just setting on top of the cabinets right now. After countertops are installed they will put screen mesh in the holes and they will go in the top cubby on either side of that table. You grab the handle and pulled down the front and it opens up

·
Registered
Butcher of wood and metal
6,638 Posts
Getting started on this today, replacing two side windows, still waiting for front door , first part May delivery date, maybe.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk
Got the drivit cut back now ready to change them out tomorrow. Drivit is really hard on blades , dulls them right up.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
26,874 Posts
Signed up another custom home today, starts when the foundations we are on now for the barndo and custom in Summit Springs are done. Modest home, but cool easy build. Flat lake lot, less than 300 ft from another house we are building. Pool and elevated Azek Vintage decking AZ well, and if I can get lcra off their nazi kick a boat house

Best part is it's right next door to a house of a main rival, now he can look either direction and see how to build a house correctly 😀

·
Super Moderator
26,874 Posts
“and if I can get lcra off their nazi kick a boat house”

😳
Lower Colorado River Authority

They think they own the lakes.

They don't. Their just salaried hands on a power trip. Just like a hand they stick to the book, so have to make a presentation to explain that they actually can't read.

·
Super Moderator
26,874 Posts
Nearing completion here. Cool little house.

That fan is custom made out of a 100 year old windmill off the property
Included that pic of the 8' ladder on top of the scaffold just for Kowboy to flip out and say what a crappy industry we have for our safety precautions 🤣

Our superintendent and foreman staring lovingly at each other caught in the photograph has made the rounds through text messages and even Facebook. 🤣🤣

·
Super Moderator
26,874 Posts
Our next three, just made deals on. The low pitch ranch house is really small, 2k ft hvac 2600 under roof, but very custom. It's on the Llano River, owner had 160 acres there. This is the "river house", the "big house " will begin design in 2022, 2023 build. The river house will have Wolf/Sub Zero, Coyote outdoor kitchen, Silestone tops, distressed dough fir beams, cedar soffits. 10 walls, all 5/8 sheet rock, a 12 and 16' Kolbe 4 panel sliders, Kolbe windows, 8" stained base and window casings. Wood ceiling in cathedral living room.

The renovation we are adding the two story garage with butlers pantry and office down stairs, 3 car garage, bedroom, study and game room upstairs. House gets 4 new bathrooms and kitchen.

the cut up looking house I may make its own thread, fall start unfortunately, no way we can start it now. I won't start the river house until July and maybe not then if we don't hire another super by then, we left start dates up in the air as part of the deals. But when I get detailed drawings I will put them up, bad ass house. Lots of steel and wood, exposed rafter tails with TNG soffits, aluminum facia, cabinets are a mix of quarter sawn white oak and mahogany, probably 200k in cabinets. Infiniti pool with 800 sq ft guest house/Casita, barndo with 2 bedrooms

Hoping to stage starts June, july/August and October.

·
Super Moderator
26,874 Posts
Cost plus or fixed price?
1 fixed, 2 cost plus. That smaller one not many variables to be worried about . The cut up one I built his sister's house cost plus and they like the arrangement. The remodel and the cut up one don't have detailed drawings or permanent selections yet either

3 of six of our new customs are fixed, other 3 cost plus. Ranging from 600k - 2.5 million. Both remodels we are doing are fixed, 292k and 594k

·
Pro
4,820 Posts
Our next three, just made deals on. The low pitch ranch house is really small, 2k ft hvac 2600 under roof, but very custom. It's on the Llano River, owner had 160 acres there. This is the "river house", the "big house " will begin design in 2022, 2023 build. The river house will have Wolf/Sub Zero, Coyote outdoor kitchen, Silestone tops, distressed dough fir beams, cedar soffits. 10 walls, all 5/8 sheet rock, a 12 and 16' Kolbe 4 panel sliders, Kolbe windows, 8" stained base and window casings. Wood ceiling in cathedral living room.

The renovation we are adding the two story garage with butlers pantry and office down stairs, 3 car garage, bedroom, study and game room upstairs. House gets 4 new bathrooms and kitchen.

the cut up looking house I may make its own thread, fall start unfortunately, no way we can start it now. I won't start the river house until July and maybe not then if we don't hire another super by then, we left start dates up in the air as part of the deals. But when I get detailed drawings I will put them up, bad ass house. Lots of steel and wood, exposed rafter tails with TNG soffits, aluminum facia, cabinets are a mix of quarter sawn white oak and mahogany, probably 200k in cabinets. Infiniti pool with 800 sq ft guest house/Casita, barndo with 2 bedrooms

Hoping to stage starts June, july/August and October.
View attachment 510584 View attachment 510585 View attachment 510586
Note: pay attention to the exterior mullion strip on those....that they aren't cut too high at the lower end of the window. I can see daylight out one of my lower Kolbe (aluminum clad) units at mullion, prior to siding installed. Hard wind will push that water in.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
26,874 Posts
Note: pay attention to the exterior mullion strip on those....that they aren't cut too high at the lower end of the window. I can see daylight out one of my lower Kolbe (aluminum clad) units at mullion, prior to siding installed. Hard wind will push that water in.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Wow. I haven't installed kplbe in a few years since we fired Marvin. That's a concern- what are they doing to address?

3501 - 3520 of 3558 Posts