Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

3381 - 3394 of 3394 Posts

·
Premium Member
Honolulu, Hawaii
17,902 Posts
The outlets and vent lined up really nice. Usually there is one that screws things up.
Looks very nice Leo! What's it called? Accent wall?

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
48,769 Posts
I just call it fireplace surround paneling. It's definitely an accent wall. It's only in primer right now and will be hand painted by the client or a painter is she chooses that route. Have no idea what color it will be.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
48,769 Posts
Is the metal grilling functional or decorative only?

·
Artist and not a curator
11,737 Posts
Allan, do you find yourself liking all the modern designs? Almost all the houses I work on are these giant modern turds, I hate them but they sure do pay well.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Allan, do you find yourself liking all the modern designs? Almost all the houses I work on are these giant modern turds, I hate them but they sure do pay well.
I do like modern design when done well. We are bidding a job now for Alter Studios, an architect in Austin, they did a fantastic job on the design. This is another modern house we built that I thought was done well, Newberry Architects did the design.

·
Artist and not a curator
11,737 Posts
I do like modern design when done well. We are bidding a job now for Alter Studios, an architect in Austin, they did a fantastic job on the design. This is another modern house we built that I thought was done well, Newberry Architects did the design.

At least you're warming them up a little with wood. Did a winding staircase on a curved concrete wall inside a house. Ugliest damn wall I've ever seen. White terrazzo floors, white level 5 smooth walls, white level 5 ceiling, white washed white oak treads, against a giant Grey sealed curved concrete wall. Yuck.

Client asked me what I thought, told them I think I know what it's like to be an aspirin waiting to get picked out of the bottle... the good thing is, a lot of the color comes from furniture so there is some serious money in building out furniture sets and doors. Lots of teak used here on the beaches for the modern houses.

3381 - 3394 of 3394 Posts