Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

3361 - 3380 of 3427 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Windows and doors showed up finally, got a big chunk of them thrown in today. Mostly all triple glazed, the 3 season room is only double glazed. Heavy units.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
At least they’re not 40’ up like most of the drive-unders here in Charleston. Nice man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
Honolulu, Hawaii
17,949 Posts
So we've completed around 30 of these units so far. Built in 1940 for the military just blocks outside the countries oldest china town the young guys there must have had fun.
I'm installing the kitchens and some doors.
Just as I was taking these pics I heard the chinooks over head.

·
Radical Basement Dweller
22,320 Posts
Yup, that looks military.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
48,966 Posts
And it's not a buck fifty a KWh

·
Premium Member
Honolulu, Hawaii
17,949 Posts
Retrofits?
Yes, All the wall cabs were steel and all the doors steel. The base cabs were built in place.
This place has been public housing for a very long time now. Mostly micros live there.
There are 10,000 of these units in Hawaii.

·
Registered
7,738 Posts
What's that at? I'll drive under and honk tomorrow.
Rt 15 south at Weldon Rd
According to the DOT it was from all the trucks coming and going to the Weldon Quarry along with possibly bad steel. They are or did X-ray the steel. They found the crack by accident, then all hell broke loose.

·
Goin' Down in Flames....
Highwayman
5,460 Posts
Yes, All the wall cabs were steel and all the doors steel. The base cabs were built in place.
This place has been public housing for a very long time now. Mostly micros live there.
There are 10,000 of these units in Hawaii.
How many of those units are you/your company doing?

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Rt 15 south at Weldon Rd
According to the DOT it was from all the trucks coming and going to the Weldon Quarry along with possibly bad steel. They are or did X-ray the steel. They found the crack by accident, then all hell broke loose.
apparently DOT had 5+ loaded up salt trucks parked on the bridge waiting for dispatch before that storm around Christmas and that's what caused it

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
48,966 Posts

My client ordered the grill for the humidifier vent but it hasn't come in yet. The prescribing trick worked like a charm. Only cutting we did was for the vent/outlets. Everything was caulked in.

·
Radical Basement Dweller
22,320 Posts
Nice

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
48,966 Posts
The outlets and vent lined up really nice. Usually there is one that screws things up.

3361 - 3380 of 3427 Posts