Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

3341 - 3360 of 3394 Posts

·
Registered
12,400 Posts
Spray the corners vertically, with the gun turned so the fan is horizontial or turn the air cap horizontal. Then spary between the two strips to infill.

Once you get this down you can move on to there methods. Infill spraying is the easiest way to spray assembled face frames also.

Don't forget to stay 12" away from the surface your spraying with the gun.

Tom

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
48,769 Posts
Another panel for the same house. This one on the lower level. Wall size is 174.5" x 106" tall

I made a few parts and brought them to the house. The stone around the gas fireplace was level but the sides tilted 1/8" to the right forming a slight parallelogram. I used a laser to put the stile plum and did the scribe and cut it with the track saw. Same with the second side. Then I plumbed the two sides and scribed them to the wall. Took measurements between the shoulders of center and wall stiles. Put a level line on all 4 parts for a reference. The floor from the left corner to the left side of the stone is pretty level, and then rises about 5/16" to the right corner. The ceiling follows it for the most part.

I enhanced the laser line

Brought everything back to the shop and made the parts and put things together. The right and left sides will be complete and the center will have open sides to mate with the rest in the field. Gotta get it into the house ya know.

Built the 3 frames to make sure things lined up and I needed to cut the tapers on the bottom and top using the verticals from the house as guide points. Plus to put tick marks on the rear of the panels to have alignment marks for installation.

Put the center together with the right side so I can close it up using pocket screws and then sanded the joints flush. I'll do the same for the left side and then it gets primed.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
48,769 Posts
Been there done that. Sometimes a large cabinet, especially a bookcase where all sided and inside have to be painted, needs to be done in stages by masking.

·
Punching above his weight
9,993 Posts
Once I worked on a house where the neighbor was residing his own cedar shake house, one side at a time. He was terrified of mold and rot, so he was dipping each shingle in paint, then hanging them with clothespins from a clothesline to dry. I'll tell you what.... they looked perfect. We should dip everything.

·
Radical Basement Dweller
22,137 Posts
Looks like a pool table is in that rooms future.
Or a dance hall.

·
Radical Basement Dweller
22,137 Posts
Are all those planks saved or tossed when the job is done?

·
Radical Basement Dweller
22,137 Posts
Oak to catch the the debris from above? Why?

3341 - 3360 of 3394 Posts