Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

3121 - 3140 of 3160 Posts

·
Safety Third
Red Seal Carpenter
880 Posts
You guys started getting snow in September in BC didn’t you?
Further north and at the higher elevations, maybe end of September. For us in the central interior we got our first taste mid October. Only half a dozen big snowfalls though, mostly blown away or melted.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
26,460 Posts
Took a break in the office and went and dug 2 5' test holes at our newest custom home site, March start date, with our light duty tractor because mini ex was too far out. The septic designer can do design Monday but can't get test holes for two weeks, ACC needs septic design to start approval process of 45 days so I didn't risk waiting.

Top 3 ft like butter. Bottom 2 ft took an hour a hole... 1/8 at a time

Going to be a fun one. Nice little house and a barndo with 1k sq ft apartment. One of many cool projects for the year

Cool client. Retired Master Sgt, gulf War vet. Humbled we were chosen to build their final home

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Safety Third
Red Seal Carpenter
880 Posts
Day 2. We decided for safety sake to just swing in all the 45' trusses individually. And since the back 22' of the garage hang from the girder as monos we had to set those individually as well. Very happy how it all went, our crane contractor is awesome to deal with. Not so happy with the truss company, but that's being addressed, we need to modify 3 trusses for sure and possibly a 4th.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Remodel
27,421 Posts
And this is why I love remodels... yeah we can move that wall and put the door over here... 🤬
Put a rotary laser outside shining on the Windows. Fast to check flooring levels when you-re putting a proposal together. That and a laser distance measure is the fastest way to get your design numbers.

·
3 Jacks 2 Nines
424 Posts
Put a rotary laser outside shining on the Windows. Fast to check flooring levels when you-re putting a proposal together. That and a laser distance measure is the fastest way to get your design numbers.
Hmm... good ideas, but not sure I follow how that would help... it's the steel beam pinned to the floor that is ****ting in my cornflakes... 🤣

I think I found where it ends though...

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
47,290 Posts
Wrap around bookcases and a desk. Radiator cabinet to the far left with a removable cover. Used 7 small neodymium magnets that get attached to metal door stops. The tall drawers under the bookcases are file cabinets, not exactly deep with a 12" drawer but should hold 30-50 Pendaflex folders in each row. Left of window has two rows in each drawer and right of window has one row each. Bench drawers are push to open while the rest will get handles. Maple top stained dark for contrast

Snobnd gave me a hand with the installation which was a major pain. The desk wall floor dropped 5/8" over the 6 foot distance. I made the cabinet and extra 5/8" tall so it would level out properly. The cabinets were about 14" deep and when scribing the bottoms we needed to take off nearly 3/8" off the back and nothing off the front to take care of the slop to the floor.

3121 - 3140 of 3160 Posts