Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

3101 - 3120 of 3194 Posts

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Finally getting around to adding back up lights to my trailers.
Tool trailer lights used to be work lights that I never used anymore.

I am also going to add some flashing strobes to the dump trailer( Outside amber lights) so when I am unloading the machine I can have some extra warning for drivers. I also have a pair of strobes on the front pillars

·
Safety Third
Red Seal Carpenter
891 Posts
It has been a good week back so far. Got the front deck in, the 3 season room floor and walls framed, and the deck posts on to carry the ends of the trusses. Couple beams to set, one more big post, and another section of wall on top of the 3 season room to carry the mono scissor trusses. We will be all set for trusses on Monday.

Also, ready for our radon inspection for the basement slab tomorrow so we can start throwing down underslab insulation and in floor heat. And our excavation sub is making great progress on the lagoon.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
Honolulu, Hawaii
17,721 Posts
No idea what a 3 season room is but it's looking good up there. Love the sunset pic.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
47,579 Posts
Unheated porch is what we consider a 3 season room around here.

·
Safety Third
Red Seal Carpenter
891 Posts
No idea what a 3 season room is but it's looking good up there. Love the sunset pic.
Sunrise lol

The 3 season room in this house was supposed to be uninsulated and "only" double pane windows. It might get insulated now but it'll still be at a far lower standard than our 11" of insulation for the main house to meet net zero standards.

·
Registered
GC
171 Posts
I don't get how you fellows can work in the snow. It was 46 the other day and I was thinking about packing it up for the day.

·
Safety Third
Red Seal Carpenter
891 Posts
My dogs need food, don't want my cat to look any tastier to them lol. Snow sucks more than the cold, constantly scraping material just to layout, tape collecting snow, freezing with 4' still sticking out... Thankful we have had a mild winter, only been down to -10ish in the mornings and -2 by midday, perfect working temps.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
I don't get how you fellows can work in the snow. It was 46 the other day and I was thinking about packing it up for the day.
Your body conditions to cold more than you expect. The first week of cold temps are really cold and then after that unless is -20c all day it’s not bad.
Tools on the other hand never get used to cold. I have two payloads framing nailers one works perfect in the cold the other misses every third shot.

·
Goin' Down in Flames....
Highwayman
5,282 Posts
Job I'm on now gets wind right off the bay. Cold damp air just seems to cut right through whatever I'm wearing.
👍

Im up in Humboldt, and when you get a 38 degree day, a 30 mph wind off the ocean, and it’s pouring rain, it’ll chill you quick.

I think it’s the moisture more than anything. Dry snow and below freezing would be better.

·
Safety Third
Red Seal Carpenter
891 Posts
Moisture in the air definitely plays a big part. Our humidity has been quite high lately, but the wind has been hovering around 50-60km/h which is the real killer. I believe you when you say the wind off the bay gets chilly, one of the coldest I've ever been was -5°C in Prince Rupert, humidity at 100%. Cold through my bones, and then the wind picked up to 100km. Tied with -45 in Fort St John with 40-50km winds...

3101 - 3120 of 3194 Posts