Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

3081 - 3100 of 3160 Posts

·
Registered
Custom
12,727 Posts
Never heard of him.

I'm certain of that. No matter what anyone else says.
Kind of like old is a state of mind, and I don't plan on visiting that state anytime soon...(y) not that someone/something won't force a visit now and then... :whistle::LOL:

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
47,290 Posts
You don't visit old town, it shows up at your doorstop as an uninvited guest that doesn't leave.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
47,290 Posts
I didn't read your opening statement. Looking at this and going "What the hell is that?"

Looked for a while and thought, you could wash dogs in that. Huh, I was right. 😆

Looks sharp.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
47,290 Posts
I figure it's so the dog can get in there more easily.

·
Safety Third
Red Seal Carpenter
880 Posts
Looks great but why the step? Doesn't that make them have to bend more?
I'm guessing playing the game of hide the drain.

Looks awesome though, with 2 dogs that's a definite feature I want in my next house. Especially with wanting to train the puppy to come to work.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

·
Goin' Down in Flames....
Highwayman
5,232 Posts
I always thought an elevated tub for bathing kids would be the bomb. 😳🤣

But kids, unlike dogs, eventually graduate from the tub. So then you’d be stuck with this elevated tub that all your friends would wonder why the hell you have it. 😙

·
3 Jacks 2 Nines
424 Posts
In retrospect the step was probably a mistake, but the Owner/developer asked for it. Needed to put the mop sink on a pedestal for the drain. Step will help the doggie get in there but definitely might result in a sore back for the owner...

This was a classic example of poor communication. The dog wash was a condition of sale for a spec I built for my client, the seller. The buyers negotiated the dog wash as part of the sale. I was getting the info from my client through his realtor, through their realtor and the buyers... the mop sink is 24x36, which seems substantial, but they actually have a huge dog! almost doesn't fit... kinda feel like they're going to tear it down and start over... 🤷‍♂️

slightly peeved the dog has a nicer shower than me... 🤣🤣

·
90%-er
1,300 Posts
3500 square foot drop ceiling grid, installed. Three scissor lifts, couple of long long days.

Customer is ordering some super sound absorbing tiles, so we just have to go back in a couple of weeks and insrsll those real quick.

Real pain in the butt to work around eighty years worth of pipes, hvac, romex, data cable, security systems, and fire systems. Glad the hard part is done. There is something beautiful to me about a well-organized, level grid like this. Damn shame to put tiles in it if you ask me!

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
47,290 Posts
Install them real quick. Uh huh.

Let us know how that goes

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
47,290 Posts
That would be sweet. Do it 10x speed.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
3500 square foot drop ceiling grid, installed. Three scissor lifts, couple of long long days.

Customer is ordering some super sound absorbing tiles, so we just have to go back in a couple of weeks and insrsll those real quick.

Real pain in the butt to work around eighty years worth of pipes, hvac, romex, data cable, security systems, and fire systems. Glad the hard part is done. There is something beautiful to me about a well-organized, level grid like this. Damn shame to put tiles in it if you ask me!

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
mighty nice looking 80 year old building!

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
47,290 Posts
BTDT

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
12,472 Posts
Started a warehouse lighting swap. Metal halide for LED.

Why do I feel like I'm in an Indiana Jones movie?

3081 - 3100 of 3160 Posts