Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

2901 - 2920 of 2967 Posts

·
Super Moderator
25,961 Posts
Just signed an intent to build for this sweet addition project. Deck is suspended concrete with a salt finish. Outdoor kitchen is masonry block with flagstone, Coyote appliances, Silestone etc... doors are Lincoln or Kolbe, talked them into the main door getting rid of the two windows and installing a 12' 4 panel door that opens 6'0 in the middle.

Adding a bathroom and remodeling another at the same time, gutting attic apartment for spray foam and mini split, unoccupied thank God.

I'm betting 13 - 16 weeks from start to finish

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Pro
3,537 Posts
Just signed an intent to build for this sweet addition project. Deck is suspended concrete with a salt finish. Outdoor kitchen is masonry block with flagstone, Coyote appliances, Silestone etc... doors are Lincoln or Kolbe, talked them into the main door getting rid of the two windows and installing a 12' 4 panel door that opens 6'0 in the middle.

Adding a bathroom and remodeling another at the same time, gutting attic apartment for spray foam and mini split, unoccupied thank God.

Kolbe, eh...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
Honolulu, Hawaii
17,456 Posts
Came out nice. Small rooms are such a pain.
I culture stone guy will do the shower stall. I'll go back for grab bars and shower curtain and stuff.
House was built in '64 so we went right over the old floor. Asbestos more than likely.
Homes in the subdivision that are original are worth 750,000$ 3 bedroom 2 bath single wall.

·
Artist and not a curator
10,606 Posts

You guys ever do exterior pocket sliders there? That area doesn't make sense to do it but they are pretty cool when you have dead wall space.

Good call on the back doors, will look much better having a full panels on the ends rather than those windows.

·
Super Moderator
25,961 Posts
You guys ever do exterior pocket sliders there? That area doesn't make sense to do it but they are pretty cool when you have dead wall space.

Good call on the back doors, will look much better having a full panels on the ends rather than those windows.
There are some but I haven't used. Use a lot of La Cantina accordion folding doors like the one you saw at my Parade house when you were here

Reactions: Deckhead

·
Premium Member
Honolulu, Hawaii
17,456 Posts
Maybe FRP kine stuff???

·
Designing YourImagination
263 Posts
So what do you make the walls out of?

Doesn’t look like drywall.
It’s a galvanized skin with some kind of clean coating. Not 100% sure on it but it sounds good ha! Panels are 3ft x 10ft high x 3” thick.

2901 - 2920 of 2967 Posts