Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

2861 - 2880 of 2967 Posts

·
Super Moderator
25,959 Posts
Drywall started on the first round of efficiencies finally. Sadly was too busy to hang myself

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
45,326 Posts
Got everything sprayed, white on the outside and clear on the inside. The magnet holders were sprayed with clear also. Put them in their place and ran screws through the magnets holding everything down.

Got some self stick black felt, cut it to size and stuck it over the magnets. One to hide them and two to protect the knives.

Attached the swing down hinges and put the sides in place. Spent some time making a jig to drill the holes in the underside of the cabinet. All the holes are blind when the magnet shelf is in place, the jig will make it much easier.

Opemed

And closed

·
Registered
12,026 Posts
Fabricated and finished the pieces last week and Monday. Started the install yesterday. I had a design meeting all day today. Zach and Nick finished it about 3 today.

Taught them how to make a drywall shim template for large panel. The top and bottom piece, and the large panel are multiple pieces. Taught Zach how to use a Monument vacuum seamer.

All of the corners are grain matched and lock mitered.

The vent grill will be sparyed balck by the builder.

Tom

Attachments

·
Registered
Custom
12,598 Posts
Fabricated and finished the pieces last week and Monday. Started the install yesterday. I had a design meeting all day today. Zach and Nick finished it about 3 today.

Taught them how to make a drywall shim template for large panel. The top and bottom piece, and the large panel are multiple pieces. Taught Zach how to use a Monument vacuum seamer.

All of the corners are grain matched and lock mitered.

The vent grill will be sparyed balck by the builder.

Tom
Noice work... (y)

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Building a vanity for the next bathroom project, special order put it 6 weeks out and I have a few days free...

Put the planer to use today making the legs. It'll get drawers on the left and doors on the right to match what they originally had picked out

- Rich

·
Registered
93 Posts
Sunroom we are just finishing up. Lucked out and ordered everything late August before pricing went truly crazy. Flooring is Azek slate grey T & G to match the decking on the steps next to it. Ripped off the old rotted one and replaced, dropped it down 1 step to get taller ceiling. Electrical all got routed out of the top of the 2x6 t & g ceiling on top and rubber went down with no mechanical fasteners. Lost about a month waiting on the damn windows, thanks Harvey for selling to Lansing.

Fir and pine where the same price for the rafters and roof sheathing, I didn't quite get that.

2861 - 2880 of 2967 Posts