Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 205 Posts

·
Relentless
Space Mining
4,445 Posts
Rehabbed a little lane and turn around on a horse property.
Regraded what was there, covered everything with filter fabric, then tons and tons of stone.
Just beat the rain getting completed today.

View attachment 512705 View attachment 512707 View attachment 512708 View attachment 512709

Also added to the turnout paddock.

View attachment 512710

Customer said the place never looked so good, I said well, it probably did at one time... she said no, never. 😃
Looks like a nice property. Got no use for horses but it’d be nice to not see my neighbors.

·
Relentless
Space Mining
4,445 Posts

·
Relentless
Space Mining
4,445 Posts
4 in 1

Yes I did

Its a little rough but I dug out some soft spots and didn’t worry about getting it bladed out perfect. I’ll do that with the rock. 👍
I thought it might be a 4-in-1 but I’ve never seen one on a small loader. Then I thought it was some specialized scraper.

The driveway looks good, put some rock on and I’d drive on it.

·
Relentless
Space Mining
4,445 Posts
My excavator can install a gravel drive for what it costs me just to buy the gravel.
Kinda makes me wonder how much gravel your excavator is actually using. Lol. I watched a guy’s driveway/parking area get built for his apartment building. He told me a couple years later he’s got 18” of gravel under that bad mama jama.

No you don’t.

·
Relentless
Space Mining
4,445 Posts
That looks like an ad for the scaffolding system! Beautiful setup.
I still hillbilly a frame of 2x4 for my platforms.
Maybe when I grow up... lol.
Make sure to get us some finish product pics. I've gotta remember to take pics to post sometime. Never got in that habit.
Thank you! Actually, if you can’t tell by the shiny paint, that’s a cherry popping job for the new scaffolding. It’s very robust (except those flimsy pins that hold the ridge hook together).

It’s a bear to get up there, but it works well. If I had to carry those blue scaffolding frames up a ladder, well, I wouldnt. Even with a 4 to 1 block and tackle it wasnt fun.

Finished late, forgot to get a pick before I tarped it. I’ll grab one when I come back in a few days for the gear.

Reactions: Ed Corrigan

·
Relentless
Space Mining
4,445 Posts

50% gut in a nice old house that’s going back to single family (currently two-family). Saving floors, fireplaces, door slabs and jams, and that wall thats covered in paper (stained tng). The prep work is tedious. I wish they would change order the whole place into oblivion. Destroy it all. The I could work in a maelstrom of debris and thrash metal, throwing tools when I’m done with them, etc.

It’s like Mr. Rogers does demo over here.

·
Relentless
Space Mining
4,445 Posts
Yo, you serious with that Ram Board art inside the fireplace?

There's gotta be a happy medium...

You should see the landscape I drew on the other side.

Listen, I’m a bit extra.

Reactions: Jaws

·
Relentless
Space Mining
4,445 Posts
I even make my own batique wax.

·
Relentless
Space Mining
4,445 Posts
Before you guys jump on me for the trip hazard to the deck, I was replacing treads chipped by piano mover. Replace with like material to existing dimensions. Yes, ma'am.
View attachment 513497
Nice work!

I also think the “stairs” in the second photo would be cool with some clear coat. Kind of the ratrod style.

Reactions: Ed Corrigan

·
Relentless
Space Mining
4,445 Posts

·
Relentless
Space Mining
4,445 Posts
Lol, dude you are insane.

Reactions: Mordekyle

·
Relentless
Space Mining
4,445 Posts
Insane enough not to be giving free consultation to every h/o that comes along. I guess if the only thing you know is demo that wouldn’t be so insane.
Mike
There it is, at last. Look down your nose at me because I do demo. I’ve seen it before, will see it again.

Some people are craftspeople Some people are business people.

Some people are just c unts.

·
Relentless
Space Mining
4,445 Posts
I happen to be a certified structural welder, a licensed commercial driver, a mathematician, a retailer, a rifleman, and yes, I do demo. I can probably out earn you 3 to 1 in my market and I still find time to answer people’s questions instead just spewing dross all over the screen.

Reactions: Mordekyle

·
Relentless
Space Mining
4,445 Posts
You know this gig isn't always sexy, and it's not always fun, sometimes it's terrible. But I still love it. In a twisted way, even the ****ed up parts.

Got my new site plan from the archy, trashed it as it was chit placement, spent this evening marking a boat dock, Tiki Bar building, and a 5600 sq ft house on a pretty tight channel lot. After marking I set a half ass batter board and strings and turned the house. Sat on the tool box in my truck and looked over the site, thought about site access, order of operations, well is 5 months out so that determines a lot with the septic etc....

Tweaked the house one more time.

Sat on a rock and watched the house grow out of the ground, picked which subs I'd use, made note to check so and so's schedule etc... Placed the framing package on the lot, broke in pieces, saw myself squaring the foundation, marking plates with the lead carpenter, one guy starting the cut list and one nailing cripples and headers ect... together while my assistant separated ABC stacks of 2x6 10s for walls etc...

Going to be a bad ass house. Going to enjoy running the build, it's been nice to knock some dust off and I'm down 11 lbs in 2 weeks getting out and about 😆

50 bucks says the owner checks off on my moving the house boat dock and tiki bar and thanks me for doing so and that my will enjoy dropping that change off that change off with triangulated measurements to each corner to the architect with a wink and a smirk and tell him to get that chit fixed ASAP. Lol
View attachment 513655 View attachment 513656
Thank for sharing your process. I never would’ve guessed a builder these days would bother with something like that. I’m sure it’ll pay off.

Very cool lot btw.

Reactions: Jaws

·
Relentless
Space Mining
4,445 Posts
You legit go round and round with a guy for 3-4 hours about a base cabinet or were you just being hyperbolic? If legit, who paid for that time? Did you increase the cost of the cabinet?
“We can make it that way, but it’s gonna cost way more, on account of the time I’ll have to budget to talk you out of it.”

Reactions: Ed Corrigan and KAP
1 - 20 of 205 Posts