Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Thanks Leo.

Everyone’s world dealing with lack of plumb, level, square. New 6 mill home, a wall is 1-1/4" out of square in 27", 3 mill home I just measured all the walls getting casework are out of plumb and out of square, some by more than 2" in 8’.

Tom
You need a crew of Brazilians, they at least get it within an 1/8".

-Rich

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
I was being watched all day. And she didn't even try to make conversation, just sat there and stared lol

I installed oak trapezoids today. At the bottom it sloped to the left 3/8, top was 3/4-7/8 out from right to left. The stringers had slight curves in the middle of the tread depth, fun times. Of course the underside is rocked, so I couldn't really fix some of the issues. I added screws from the tread to the riser to pull then back together and stiffen everything up the best I could.

I only have the 55" rails for my makita, so I made a spacer from a piece of plywood to put against the riser and get me a nice clean edge for the caps, finished the cuts off with my sawzall. Worked nicely and kept the dust to a minimum.

Client is very happy with how it turned out, she had done the finish work on the treads and risers before I got there.

-Rich

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Been working on this little bar and shelves this week. Yesterday I made wine glass molding using my raised panel bit and make a template to round out the corners of the 3 shelves going on the wall.

Today I got the edge banding on, did a final sand, and got the stain on. Tomorrow I'll top coat with polycrylic semi gloss

-Rich

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Winding down the Kitchen Nook build. So many monkey wrenches thrown into the timeline of this project. But it's finally getting there.

Stained and finished the Tiger Maple countertops. There's 3 of them and the maple is very active. I stained them, then sanded the stain off leaving the tiger portion with stain. Then I stained them again and the tiger was 50% darker than the first time around. 3 coats of a 2K polyurethane to protect them.

That looks great! I'm sure the depth shows even more in person

-Rich

1 - 20 of 135 Posts