Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am stuck and need major advice. The foam bad keeps popping out so we tried to adjust the bolt, and now it's all screwed up. Does any one have advice on how to properly adjust the pad. I feel like it's sitting to high and not getting a proper seal to the drywall. Also the machine is shaking I feel to much. I have to eat dinner now but any advice would be great or if I did not give enough info please ask me more.
Thanks
I need this fixed by the morning

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Pbpaints said:
I am stuck and need major advice. The foam bad keeps popping out so we tried to adjust the bolt, and now it's all screwed up. Does any one have advice on how to properly adjust the pad. I feel like it's sitting to high and not getting a proper seal to the drywall. Also the machine is shaking I feel to much. I have to eat dinner now but any advice would be great or if I did not give enough info please ask me more. Thanks I need this fixed by the morning
It sounds like the bearing a shot in the head of that sander is an easy fix you just have to get the part for it.

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
My trick to keep the foam pad on is to get a 60-grit piece of sandpaper and make cut it round, bigger than that washer, then make a hole in the center for the bolt. And put it under the washer to hold the foam pad down. I never used to have that problem.

As far as your other problems........Things need to be balanced/centered, or it will vibrate.

Go rent one if you need it that bad to finish your job. And take yours in to get fixed if you can't figure it out.

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Did you ever fix your problem?

Now I reread your post and don't understand how I could set too high. The sanding disc should be flush with the outer edge of the sander or hair below.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts