Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #63 (Edited)
Kreg mobile project center

So for an ideal size portable bench what size would you guys say or use. Im thinking im going to build a paulk bench but not sure what size would be best. Four by eight im sure is nice but a bit large for transport dayly. Mft3 is roughly two and a half by four im thinking to small. Im thinking three by five would be good. Small enough to transport easily and big enough to use for most thing what do u guys think. I can make it out of baltic birch because it is easier to get nere me rather than russian birch too.
Check out the Kreg mobile project centre. They're fairly well thought out. The only thing I don't like is the 31.5-inch height, which is hard on the back. If you watch the video on this table, the idea is you buy two of them, link them with two 2x4's and a plywood top of whatever length you want, and there is your work station. The "MPC" is pricey but for the cost of what you have to pay someone with a CNC machine to cut your top, it might be worth looking at.

·
Woodworker
60 Posts

I've been using one of these as my work bench. I keep it mainly for tools and as a table. Best of all, it rolls with me and I attach the platform from a 2nd set on top for additional overhead storage.

I have the miter saw stand that came with my dewalt 12" slider and old solid core door on sawhorses as an outfeed table for my dewalt table saw, which rolls around with its own built-in stand.

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
We also use the Keter folding work surfaces. They are really sturdy and light. We keep one in the van and have another we use as a miter saw stand. $50-$60 at Sams, Costco, and online.
I keep 2 keter tables in my work van. Very useful!!!:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Hack
3,008 Posts
@dirtywhiteboy, how do you manage to store two Keter's in your van? You're still driving the E Series or Express aren't you?

Sent from my Gravity 5 LTE using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
My file loader was giving me hell, it's up there^^^^^

I will say now they have a lot of use on them the plastic seems to be getting brittle and if I pull on them with weight on them I feel cracking. I am looking at better tables to replace them one day. The Kerg table looks like a good one.

61 - 71 of 71 Posts