Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Home Repairs
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using the Ridgid Model R4510 for a few years with a homemade outfeed table that I designed for it. It finally gave up the ghost yesterday when a delivery guy though he could sit 3 buckets of flooring adhesive on it. :whistling The one I had built was functional, but I was never really satisfied with it. I have been browsing a few woodworking forums, but most of the designs I saw were pointed towards using the saw as a stationary tool.

Anyone have a particular design they like to use on thier portables, or know of a place to buy online?

Thanks...........John

Attachments

·
Want to play a game?
4,522 Posts
I don't get too carried away with an out feed table, as in complexity. But I have the exact same saw and set up a couple horses behind it then I use a piece of 3/8" or 1/2" plywood to lay on the rear fence rail. The fence rail in the back is about 1/2" lower than the table so it works out pretty good and set up/break down is quick and easy.

Reactions: D.E.P.S.

·
Home Repairs
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Wood Craftsman
7,324 Posts
Ah,.........

You won't like what I have to say.......

Soooooooo,......

With that being said.....figure something out,,,,.

Best of luck,...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
9,521 Posts
Look up the Paulk workbench2 on you tube. 8' of out feed best portable set up I've seen.
That is too big and cumbersome for me, also need a lot of room for storage. All of his stuff is fine if you are going to be on site for months at a time. If you have to breakdown and store everything every day it gets tiring.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Festool is working on a tablesaw for the US market. I sat in on one of the user group design sessions at the JLC show earlier this month. From what I heard it will be the same intelligent design as all of their tools but also at a similar price point.

My Bosch needs replacing so I hope they hurry.

As for out feed now I use a custom made bracket on my Bosch to attach a piece of MDF, a saw horse holds up the end.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts