Registered
12,858 Posts
To charge his phone. What else?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Banned
4,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
weak specs. 300 watt constant and 600 watt peak.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
It's a portable power pack the size of a lunch box. What do you want 6000 watts? It's not a generator.

You can get the same result with 6 motorcycle batteries joined in series with an invertor

·
test
3,333 Posts
It's a portable power pack the size of a lunch box. What do you want 6000 watts? It's not a generator.

You can get the same result with 6 motorcycle batteries joined in series with an invertor
I want 1800 watts so its 15 amp lunch box :)

·
Banned
4,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Theoretically you can get this kind of power by doing several motorcycle batteries in series with a convertor. I knew an electrician who had a patent on this long before cordless came out.

Don't know how deep cycle marine batteries would work...too heavy and too bulky anyway

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
55,707 Posts

Very doable. Not sure how long it'll last battery-wise. I have a 125Ah 12v AGM lead acid battery that last for most of the day using standard equipment. It's a 75lbs battery so it's not exactly easily portable. But it'll do 3Kw. Get a 60Ah AGM battery and a 2000 watt inverter and it becomes pretty portable.

https://www.vmaxtanks.com/SLR60-AGM-Solar-Battery-_p_43.html

https://www.amazon.com/Power-TechOn...d=1578022407&sprefix=2000+pure,aps,170&sr=8-4

55 lbs total.

·
Banned
4,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
something for when you need intermittent 120 AC and don't want to drag out a big bulky noisy generator

·
Banned
4,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
Hey cool I'm in Ottawa too.

I have one, honestly it's been good except it won't run my Festool router worth a sh!t the speed control thing goes all hay-wire. For the most part I use it as a multi gang charger. As of late I've only been powering my Greenlee power fisher with it as it's one of the few corded tools left.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Possibly the modified sine wave is messing with the Festool. One of the reviews said their Retrotech Blower Door Fan started to smoke when plugged in.

BTW great weather in the capital today.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts