Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in construction of a new home. Farm style with wrap around porch. Porch is about 1600sqft total. I am trying to decide what type of flooring. Wife hates the 1x6 pine deck boards. I am afraid that tongue and groove porch flooring will fail quickly and need much maintenance. Looked at IPE but way expensive. Simulated wood is also very expensive. So I began looking at porcelain. It will also be expensive compared to deck boards but cheaper than other options. Here is what I have. Maximum span on porch is 8ft. All joists are on 16" center and are 2x10's. My plan would be to lay down 3/4 advantech and then use ditra. Will my tile fail and pop or crack in no time or will this be a maintenance free porch. If I do go this route what do people put at the joint of the brick and the tile porch for trim. No water would get to that point so not sure I need flashing but something to cover the joint. What about at the edge of the porch?

Below are rough estimates with me doing all labor.

Composite (t&g): $16000
Ipe(t&g): $16000
Porcelain: $8000
Pine (kdat t&g): $3000

Located in Tennessee so some freezing temps possible.

Please help.
Thanks,
jb

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Thanks for posting on ContractorTalk.com. The Moderators of this forum would prefer if you post Do It Yourself related topics on our sister site www.DIYChatroom.com

ContractorTalk.com is designed for professional contractor's to discuss issues and topics related to the construction and remodeling industries. Many of our professional contractors are also members at DIYChatroom.com and are looking forward to assist you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com If your not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.diychatroom.com/register.php/

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. This thread has been closed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.