Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one out there have a quick and painless ways to scrape (eliminate) a popcorn ceiling?? :eek:

Thanks...

Richie

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
There are threads in the archives, scroll to the bottom of the page to access.

None are fast or painless. I'd like to find the guy who replaced workmanship with this stuff.

·
...jammin
5,234 Posts
Richie-C said:
Any one out there have a quick and painless ways to scrape (eliminate) a popcorn ceiling??
Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
...um, no...sorry...

:)

·
Registered
58 Posts
I normally just throw a fresh 1/4 drywall on top. easiest and will give you a nice new surface. If you scrape it off you most likely need to skimcoat it when you are done, least my from my experience and removing those things.. I would rather hang/tape than have all that mess falling over my head.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
I'd rather just tear it down and start over. About the same mess.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies. I knew about the pump sprayer deal, but foolish as I am, thought there maight be a better way. Hope I can find my rain slicker--it's looks like it's gonna be raining pocorn.

Richie

·
Registered
54 Posts
I use a Porter Cable Drywall sander with 80 grit sanding disk, attached to a Loveless Drywall vaccum. Not a bit of mess, no water needed what so ever, a little dust, but would rather have a little dust than a big muddy mess.

·
"Buy Quality, Cry Once"
726 Posts
I have a popcorn ceiling nightmare job from hell. I will post later this week and include some pics if I ever get the ceilings finished that is. I will also include a disclaimer that I made due to this job. Right now my shoulder/neck aches...gonna hit the hay.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts