Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Who took that picture and why?. Are they so proud of the red neck track saw its needs to be shared with the w.w.w.

·
General Contractor
8,080 Posts
:laughing:
This is priceless... you cannot beat that it will still do any job :thumbsup:
I still love and enjoy using my Old Porter Cable saw Model# 617 that takes a dab of grease on the side :thumbsup:.

·
Capra Aegagrus
Remodeler
25,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You mean I can't patent it as an original invention? I'm devastated. :sad:

I wouldn't want to trim cabinetry that way, but for a couple of 16' deck boards, it works like a champ.

·
Registered
9,574 Posts
I used to use 2 small c clamps for that a long while ago.
I know someone who uses his fingers for that, just pinches the base plate at the front about 1 1/2" or farther from the blade and slides the side of his index finger along the wood as he cuts. Thats too close for me, I will do 4" or so. Need very thick skin for that.

·
Capra Aegagrus
Remodeler
25,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I know someone who uses his fingers for that, just pinches the base plate at the front about 1 1/2" or farther from the blade and slides the side of his index finger along the wood as he cuts.
That's actually what I do most times. But for several 16' rips on nasty knotted PT... :no: :laughing:

·
Registered
247 Posts
I make a line with a pencil by holding the lead against the measured mark of a speed square and run it down quick and then just freehand the cut.

I bought a brand new maloti circular saw at the hd and it didn't come with a rip guide.

·
GC/carpenter
43,896 Posts
Stevarino said:
I make a line with a pencil by holding the lead against the measured mark of a speed square and run it down quick and then just freehand the cut. I bought a brand new maloti circular saw at the hd and it didn't come with a rip guide.
What on gos green earth is a maloti circular saw?

·
Artist and not a curator
14,306 Posts
That's actually what I do most times. But for several 16' rips on nasty knotted PT... :no: :laughing:
This is what caused me to buy a track saw. I always made fun of them and managed to get quite accurate with index finger than one day ran a splinter from knuckle to knuckle.

Now festool is in my life.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts