Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Fine Handcrafted Opinions
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guy wanted this look, but with only using materials on the job, and without spending extra money. I'm not sure about it, but he's pretty happy.

·
Hack
3,010 Posts
What don't you like about it?
I think it looks a little 'heavy', but other than that it looks great.
Gotta do what ya gotta do.:thumbsup:

·
John the Builder
16,993 Posts
Works for me. :thumbsup:

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
51,773 Posts
Finger jointed to death

·
Joseph A. Capece
1,811 Posts
Does look nice. I also agree with the "heavy" look. A horizontal 1/2" band running 1/4" proud between the head casing & transom & another one above the transom head casing would've made a big difference.

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
I have to disagree, I don't like it. I think it looks like what it is/was: an afterthought, put together with left over materials.

I'm not talking about your craftsmanship and I mean no offense. I just don't like it.

I prefer Poplar for paint grade builds. I know, it wasn't available at site. Just saying.

·
Lazy Millennial
Carpenter
4,014 Posts
Neat. I like what you did with limited material. I'd like to see what it looks like painted.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,365 Posts
I have to disagree, I don't like it. I think it looks like what it is/was: an afterthought, put together with left over materials.

I'm not talking about your craftsmanship and I mean no offense. I just don't like it.

I prefer Poplar for paint grade builds. I know, it wasn't available at site. Just saying.
I don't see many paint grade door jambs and casing done in poplar. Usually FJP pine.

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
Too much thickness between the bottom of the window and the top of the door, but still looks decent.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts