Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please advise if anyone knows a company in the SC area (Columbia/Orangeburg) that can cage an in-ground pool to HUD standards? I have been calling everywhere and I have someone willing to do it, but does not have experience. I would just like to get a cost estimate.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Are you fishing for a price, tire kicking or how to do it? There actually doesn't seem to be a code or a step-by-step set of requirements, which is actually the norm. Laws often tell you what the end result must be, not how to attain that.

In-ground pools (including hot tubs or spas that share the same filtering system as the pool) must be secured but not drained. Pools (including hot tubs or spas that share the same filtering system), must be secured with a cover that prevents entry, either deliberate or accidental. Fences must be secured to restrict access, if applicable.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am fishing for a rough estimate. The pool is abandoned, so already drained. Per HUD standards it must be caged, which involves tarping, wire meshing, and 2x6's. There is a video on HUD's site of how to do, I just cannot come up with a company here in SC that will give me a quote.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
I am fishing for a rough estimate. The pool is abandoned, so already drained. Per HUD standards it must be caged, which involves tarping, wire meshing, and 2x6's. There is a video on HUD's site of how to do
Link? Everything I see says it must "be secure", which could be the above, or steel plate. How you reach "secure" is up to you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts