Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not electrical related. But, a friend of mine asked me why most electricians are Pompass Ass's. I wasn't sure what to tell him. It does seem by the people I know and on this site that electricians have a higher percentage of pompass ass's. Not sure why? Genetic, Learned, Bitter and Jaded?

Any idea's

·
Fentoozler
5,623 Posts
...probably the continued close exposure to EMFs.

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
12,980 Posts
Probably because we're trained. That makes us asses.

We spend hours in the classroom, and years in the trade actually working on the job sites, learning every day.

Then along comes someone who doesn't care whether the wire is black or white, the just hook it up. Or they want to take out a GFI because it 'falses' too much. And for some reason, they think their landlord is better educated in electrical than us.

As for pompous, it's due to us knowing what needs to be done, knowing why it needs to be done that way, and you'd just better get out of my way so I can do it that way.

Have you seen the plumbing section? :p
No thanks. We get enough turd-herders here.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
55,541 Posts
Never thought they were asses, premadonnas maybe.....

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
12,980 Posts
Never thought they were asses, premadonnas maybe.....
Yes, I was born before Madonna. :w00t: Wanna make something of it? :laughing:

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
12,980 Posts
Who wasn't born before Madonna??
Anyone with a 5000watt thumpy-thump stereo in their car blasting that ghetto 'music' (and I use that word loosely here!) across the entire state.

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
12,980 Posts
No rolling boomboxes please...
Some aren't what I would call boomboxes. I'd call them vibrators. Settles backfill real well, as well as gets the air bubbles out of fresh mud.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Def

No. I haven't been to the plumbers page yet. Better go check it out. Check this out. Just found

Think someone you know might be a pompous ass?
Think that others might consider you to be one?
Use this handy dandy scale to help you determine if you or they might be one.

Pomposity Rating Scale ( 1 being the lowest, 10 the highest )

laughed at their own joke
intentionally mentioned a bit of trivia that no one is interested in
rolled their eyes while someone else was talking
made sure to mention what fabulous high culture activity they did on the weekend
made mention of a specific selection of wine or classical composer to demonstrate fabulous high culture knowledge
made an off the cuff comment about another person's supposed inabilities
repeatedly dropped their title(s) in conversation (titles they created mind you)
wrote a book to ensure that others would be subjected to their opinions
mentioned that they are the absolute greatest in any given field
forced their personal website upon you so you could gasp at their superior intellect and fantastic achievements

·
Registered
Custom cabinetry
9,178 Posts
No. I haven't been to the plumbers page yet. Better go check it out. Check this out. Just found

Think someone you know might be a pompous ass?
Think that others might consider you to be one?
Use this handy dandy scale to help you determine if you or they might be one.

Pomposity Rating Scale ( 1 being the lowest, 10 the highest )

laughed at their own joke
intentionally mentioned a bit of trivia that no one is interested in
rolled their eyes while someone else was talking
made sure to mention what fabulous high culture activity they did on the weekend
made mention of a specific selection of wine or classical composer to demonstrate fabulous high culture knowledge
made an off the cuff comment about another person's supposed inabilities
repeatedly dropped their title(s) in conversation (titles they created mind you)
wrote a book to ensure that others would be subjected to their opinions
mentioned that they are the absolute greatest in any given field
forced their personal website upon you so you could gasp at their superior intellect and fantastic achievements
That thing is sweet... I ran every electrician I know through it and they all ranked 8-10... I however only ranked 2.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
55,541 Posts
That thing is sweet... I ran every electrician I know through it and they all ranked 8-10... I however only ranked 2.
:rolleyes:

:laughing:

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
I've ran into a few who were poppus asses, but then again I've met every other trade that was the same. Premadonna was the term I like to use.

Although on commercial sites with hords of union electricians lets just say they don't apprear to have the same work ethic as most others.

·
Pompass Ass
2,090 Posts
Not electrical related. But, a friend of mine asked me why most electricians are Pompass Ass's. I wasn't sure what to tell him. It does seem by the people I know and on this site that electricians have a higher percentage of pompass ass's. Not sure why? Genetic, Learned, Bitter and Jaded?

Any idea's
I am a pompass ass, but I am not an electrician anymore, I am a GC, A/C Contractor and Plumbing Contractor.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts