Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to stain and poly a bunch of doors at work which are some of the ways to do these is one way better then others

thanks for the help
Pat. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Depending on the quality of the finish that you are looking for you can mix the stain with the varnish and spray. This will not be a furniture type of finish but will work if you are going to knock out a bunch of doors on the cheap. If you can spray the surface will come out like Glass, er, glass.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Teetorbilt said:
Depending on the quality of the finish that you are looking for you can mix the stain with the varnish and spray. This will not be a furniture type of finish but will work if you are going to knock out a bunch of doors on the cheap. If you can spray the surface will come out like Glass, er, glass.

Thanks for your help I thought about spraying.

Pat.

·
Banned
14,078 Posts
The outcome and budget would determine how I would do it. I like General Finish brand stains and polys. They are all wipe ons and give superior results for the work I do, but the process I use is time consuming and might be out of the realm of the budget you have to work with.

Here is an example of the General Finish on a study I did.

·
Deck Designer/Builder
2,430 Posts
Nice job Mike!

BTW, those clients had the money to pay for your excellent work yet they're using an ancient monitor like that one? Haven't they heard of flat panel monitors? LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts