Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're putting a back porch roof on a house, and there was a Red Cedar encroaching on the end of the roof. Some of the branches were kinda tough to reach standing on the header, but the HO ("Use whatever you need, help yourself") had one of these in the garage. Sure, it's a B&D HO type tool, but it was sweet! Probably some better ones out there, but this worked really well for a couple branches.

http://www.amazon.com/Black-Decker-LPP120-Cordless-Includes/dp/B004JMZH1C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1380691665&sr=8-1&keywords=BLACK+%26+DECKER+8+in.+20-Volt+Cordless+Lithium-ion+Pole+Saw

Attachments

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Those sure beat pruning saws, on our forestry investment block we used to climb ladders that were vertical and choked with a chain to the tree and use a little echo saw to prune but these pole saws made it alot easier.

·
Registered
388 Posts

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I have the Echo PAS system with the pole saw attachment and extension. Really love that thing! Not quite as good as a dedicated pole saw, but for my use it's perfect.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
I've been using a Remington ($90 +-) model for a few years. It will reach about 12' from the ground if you stretch a bit. I've used it from the ground, & even from an extension ladder...which I wouldn't recomend!:rolleyes::whistling

I have decided to fab an attachment for my skidsteer thet will reach 30ft. It will be able to cut from any angle...undercut, top cut, wedge cut, back cut. I plan on using an inverter to power an electric bar, & 12v motors for the rotator, cut stroke, & telescope functions. I figure the whole assembly to be under #200, with 90% of it being in the first 12ft or so. I can't get this idea out of my head!
Joe

·
Registered
37 Posts
I tried using of of those B&D style pole saws my experience was as good as yours the battery took forever to charge and the chain kept popping off I really wanted it to work. I ended up buying a the old manual style pole saw and it did a pretty good job for the 2 trees on my neighbors property that were getting too close to my garage. I would love to see them cut down they just have gotten to the point were they are too big to do with out hiring a tree service.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts