Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am an exterior remodeler and have no experience with plumbing, nor do i want any..lol
We currently have a wood burning fireplace and the wife wants to convert it to gas. Does a plumber usually do this kind of work?
What generally needs to be done, we already have the brick fire place and chimney.

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
I am an exterior remodeler and have no experience with plumbing, nor do i want any..lol
We currently have a wood burning fireplace and the wife wants to convert it to gas. Does a plumber usually do this kind of work?
What generally needs to be done, we already have the brick fire place and chimney.
Mechanical contractor. Think HVAC, here we can run the gas lines and any other lines not directly related to portable water and waste.

Direct vent or ventless?

A plumber can install the gas line if they choose.

Tom

·
Want to play a game?
4,522 Posts
Our plumbers do that for us.

A line will be brought to the fireplace and a shut off valve will be close by. Many log kits to choose from. You can even get a remote for them.

·
Super Moderator
11,965 Posts
Our plumbers do that for us.

A line will be brought to the fireplace and a shut off valve will be close by. Many log kits to choose from. You can even get a remote for them.
Some of them require an electrical outlet as well...just so it's not a surprise to the OP.;)

·
Want to play a game?
4,522 Posts
Some of them require an electrical outlet as well...just so it's not a surprise to the OP.;)
Yes! That would help...:laughing: Duh on my part.:whistling

If you are wanting a little more useful heat you might be able get a fan kit. I have not seen this retrofitted before so others might have a better plan.:thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts