Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is going to take a minute or ten to explain. First of all let me say that I only have this problem after 2 or 3 days of hard rain. I live in a double wide mobile home with two bathrooms and after a couple of days of rain you cannot flush the toilet in the bathroom that is furthest away from the main drain line. The other drains are slow but do work. My husband flushed the toilet Sunday and the sink in the kitchen gurgled (the kitchen is located between the two bathrooms). This happened last year so I had the septic tank people come out and clean the septic tank and snake the line... the tank was full of water! Now here is what is happening. My property has a slight incline to it. Originally there was a single wide mobile home set up at the hightest point of the property and the septic tank was out front of it (sloping downward). Then the double wide was set up in the middle of the property and hooked up to the original septic system, unfortunately now instead of the sewer lines sloping down towards the septic system they slope up towards the septic system. Now granted this is not a steep slope but apparently steep enough to cause problems. My questions are: Why does the problem only occur during heavy rains? Is there maybe some other problem that I am unaware of? Is there anything anyone can suggest besides putting in a whole new septic system?
Thanks,
Kim

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Four days after the rain and everything is draining normally again. Guess I need to look into a new leech field then, should be less expensive then a whole new system. Thank you!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts