Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning to all,

I have a job that i am about to submit a bid for, my crew and I are handling everything except some of the plumbing work.
The owner has purchased two condo's one on top of the other and is converting them into 1 big penthouse unit. They are set on concrete slaps and he wants to move a bathroom and also a toilet around, I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of what is involved in this also a rough cost. The work is in Atlanta GA and i want to find someone that knows what they are doing.

thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Chances are, if the building is of newer construction, the the slabs are PT. You will have to speak to building managment or an engineer to determine this. Typically, core drilling is required when the plumbing is moved, unless the floor is built up. If you do core, you should hire a testing company to radar or x-ray the slab to determine the location of re-bar and PT cables.

If you do not know what PT stands for, you are probably out of your element, and need to get a superintendent with strong commercial skills on site

·
Los Angeles Remodeler
84 Posts
All I can say is that don't do any work without signed and stamped engineer drawings and condo association approval.

A condo owner has the right to live in the space in between the walls and floors but usually is not entitled to the space within all and floor thicknesses. Once he opens the floor he is messing with the integrity of the building and needs the buildings approval.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts