Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
12,973 Posts
How does that even happen. I am working on a project that hasn't had much done to it in 40 years. It doesn't have anything even remotely like that. I can crawl it all day and not find a single critter. Minus the just dead raccoon I found on day one, he was still warm and soft.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have yet to see a snake under a pier and beam house, I always scan the flashlight for them. Racoon, big deal, skunk, well that would suck, but I could handle it. Snakes under a house, nope, no sir.

·
Registered
11,650 Posts
How does that even happen. QUOTE]

Easily, especially when one has open penetrations and neglects them. I had a job recently where the critters were entering via the hole for the electrical service. I opened the inside wall and it looked like an ant colony, except the nests were for mice and chipmunks.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah I could see daylight through the bottom of the siding. I could see the bottom of the siding because the drywall had fallen off in pieces from the termite damage.

·
Head Light Bulb Changer
847 Posts
Nice! :no:. I did a porch tear off a few years ago and there was a huge rat that had got trapped, probably by the porch collapsing. He was squished flat and petrified. My helper was not amused when I tried to get him to pet it :thumbup:

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
66 Shelby said:
Nice! :no:. I did a porch tear off a few years ago and there was a huge rat that had got trapped, probably by the porch collapsing. He was squished flat and petrified. My helper was not amused when I tried to get him to pet it :thumbup:
haha, wait, was it a rat or a cat?

·
Kowboy
2,517 Posts
I pulled a nest of dead baby birds out of a hood duct. The guy had me blast the hood at the carwash and promise to never tell his wife.

·
632 Posts
That's nasty.

We found a mummified cat in a ceiling on time, which wasn't the bad part. The HO told us that their pet cat went missing and their 7ish year old daughter kept telling them she could hear "fluffy" meowing. But they didn't believe her.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts