Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Official CT Greeter!
1,397 Posts
ftp, ad block (actually makes the net faster by blocking ads that take up bandwidth)

·
Hokey smoke, Bullwinkle!
187 Posts

·
Fentoozler
5,623 Posts
Adblock Plus

Ever been annoyed by all those ads and banners on the internet that often take longer to download than everything else on the page? Install Adblock Plus now and get rid of them
BetterPrivacy

Ever wondered why you are still tracked though you tried everything to prevent it?
BetterPrivacy is a Super Cookie Safeguard which protects from usually not deletable LSO's. It blocks longterm tracking on Google, YouTube Ebay and many other domains.
Image Zoom

Easily zoom in, zoom out, fit image to screen or set custom zoom on individual images within a web page. All this can be done by using the context menu or a combination of mouse buttons and scroll wheel. Handy to see the finer details of smaller pics or to make very large pics fit within your screen
NoScript

The best security you can get in a web browser!
Allow active content to run only from sites you trust, and protect yourself against XSS and Clickjacking attacks.
A couple of others specific to various websites, ie: Upromise TurboSaver Toolbar

NO google, yahoo, ask.com, etc toolbars

·
Registered
58 Posts
Firefox Extensions

Go Up a Level
As a long time Avant browser user, I really liked the 'up a level' button to quickly move to the top level of a web site. Firefox didn't have that feature (still doesn't). The closest thing I have found is UrlbarExt. It ain't as good as the native Avant functionality but comes close and adds a couple other features I like (tinyurl and copy URL for two).

Capture Web Site as Image
Ever want to capture an entire web page as a JPEG but the page scrolls off the screen so you can't do a screen capture? To the resuce, Abduction!. It will create an image of an entire web page. Very sweet!

Search Engine Optomization Analysis
If you really care about SEO, you probably have this plugin already. I couldn't live without SEO For Firefox. It doesn't tell you everything but does give you the basics with a couple clicks.

Cheers,
Matt

·
Fortune and glory, kid.
2,284 Posts
Cooliris, this is really cool for browsing images on Google https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/5579
One of my friends is a developer of that add-on.

security & privacy
-NoScript - the best for controlling active content, hence security, most adds
-RequestPolicy - like NoScript but controls communication between Firefox and websites
-CS Lite - per site cookie management
-Adblock - block adds
-FlashBlock - replace flash content with a placeholder clickable to play

browser enhancements
-DownThemAll-download manager
-Download Helper - save Flash movies to your computer
-Tabs Open Relative - opening a link in a new tap opens next to the current tab
-Session Manager - save and restore browser windows and sessions
-FEBE - backup your extensions
-CLEO - turn all of you backuped extensions into a single installable

General
-Forcastbar Enhanced - a weather forecast bar w/animated doppler radar
-Scrapbook - save exact copies of wep pages
-PrintPDF - print web page as PDF
-CoolIris - very slick picture viewer
-Sage - RSS feed reader
-Webmail Notifier - check various webmail accounts
-MyCroft - for adding hundreds of other possible search engines to the search bar (Amazon, Craigslist, Pricegrabber, YouTube, etc.)

·
Registered
57 Posts
screengrab to capture websites as images and webmail notifier to give me a little popup when i get a new email, it monitors multiple accounts along with auto logins which is neato

·
Registered
17 Posts
Jing

Jing is cool for grabbing anything you can see on your screen including video, and posting it to emails, websites, whatever. With annotation tools. I use it to communicate with customers about design changes, products. Technically its not a Firefox add-on, but I mainly use it when browsing.

·
Illinois Window Service
125 Posts
'Do Follow' Add On

I like the 'Do Follow' Add On. If you turn it on, it highlights all the Do Follow Links in 'Blue'. For example, this Forum is 'Do Follow', the SE's will follow your Link in your Signature here. So, besides the information you get at this Forum, it's also good for SEO.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts