Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
121 - 128 of 128 Posts

·
Super Moderator
46,504 Posts
blacktop said:
And tens of millions of mothers told there children DON'T POP YOUR KNUCKLES !!! :laughing: You ever wondered why she told you that??? Cause It ain't good for ya!!!:laughing:
Did you ever notice the more you popped your knuckles the easier it got. No wonder you have to keep going back to the quack.

·
Registered
Custom
15,541 Posts
And tens of millions of mothers told there children DON'T POP YOUR KNUCKLES !!! :laughing: You ever wondered why she told you that???

Cause It ain't good for ya!!!:laughing:
Well here's the science that disagrees with that, and it's not from a chiropractor either just like the other scientific studies... :whistling

Knuckle Cracking and Hand Osteoarthritis... Journal of the American Board of Family Medicine...

http://www.jabfm.org/content/24/2/169.long

From the study - "This study represents the most comprehensive evaluation to date of habitual KC and any association with hand OA. Our findings support the conclusions of 2 previous studies 1,2 that the presence of KC is not associated with hand OA. Ours is the first study to correlate the duration and the total volume of previous KC with OA, in addition to the presence or absence of KC."

·
Registered
344 Posts
I do 10 min of stretching every morning. Half are for the hamstrings.
After a long day the ice pack go on the lower back for about 20-30 minutes.
Once a month I get acupuncture.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I had an emergency spinal fusion surgery. Diagnosed as sciatica originally. I didn't speak up soon enough, just kept working away in pain everyday. Finally one day couldn't drive more than a mile or two without getting out of the truck to walk around. Went to my doc that night. Had a disc slide out and into my spinal column.
Now I have permanent and painful nerve damage. I wish I had gotten an MRI sooner.
I take two aleve every night, and hot showers are all that works to keep me moving.

121 - 128 of 128 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.