Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
Ice, never heat. Chiropractor and Ibuprofen.

·
Super Moderator
24,739 Posts
Stretches. Hamstrings have amazing control over one's back.

Also, quads, hips, back arches, knee to chest anything that will cause any of the numerous muscles to stretch.

Slow burning feeling is ok/good. NO sharp pain.

All movements are VERY slow.

It also helps to get rid of any Dunlop...

·
GC/carpenter
GC/Carpenter
43,345 Posts
Aleve, (Naproxen Sodium) best damn back med in the history of the world. It won't work if you just take it once or twice a week. You have to take two in the morning and two at night for several days and it works great.

·
Registered
683 Posts
My back isn't the greatest either, I'm almost at the point where I am going to be doing some regular visits to the chiropractor. I have also heard that yoga helps a lot, you can eliminate a lot of back pain by strengthening your core muscles.

·
Registered
285 Posts
For years I was being told by Drs that I had sciatica . Then about 8 years ago I was having my shoulder MRI Ed by an orthopedist, and I asked him to look at my back.. He did a quick physical exam and said " go next door and get an X-ray . It's not your back , it's your hip.( pain was in lower back and ran into my groin and down my leg). Sure enough 10 minutes later he came in with the x ray and showed me the bone on bone , which was very easy to see compared to the other hip. I had my right hip replaced that year, and the pain never came back, until last year. But this time it was my left side.. When it became unbearable I got a shot of cortisone, which lasted about 2 months, and then it was impossible to deal with.
I am currently in week 3 of rehab after having my left hip replaced, and guess what? No more back pain!! I'm not a Dr, but it's definitely worth asking. Good luck Polish Power!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Been taking aleive morning and night and chiropractor knows me by first name always asks how'd you miss her off this time before he starts almost to point I'm gonna start buying muscle relaxers and hydro's. Young should not feel like this

·
Super Moderator
24,739 Posts
For years I was being told by Drs that I had sciatica . Then about 8 years ago I was having my shoulder MRI Ed by an orthopedist, and I asked him to look at my back.. He did a quick physical exam and said " go next door and get an X-ray . It's not your back , it's your hip.( pain was in lower back and ran into my groin and down my leg). Sure enough 10 minutes later he came in with the x ray and showed me the bone on bone , which was very easy to see compared to the other hip. I had my right hip replaced that year, and the pain never came back, until last year. But this time it was my left side.. When it became unbearable I got a shot of cortisone, which lasted about 2 months, and then it was impossible to deal with.
I am currently in week 3 of rehab after having my left hip replaced, and guess what? No more back pain!! I'm not a Dr, but it's definitely worth asking. Good luck Polish Power!!!
Two of my friends had the same experience.

Worn out hips...

·
Registered
132 Posts
polishhammer92 said:
Ok brothers seriously how do you deal with lower back issues/ sciatic nerve problems lower back is killing me!
Lay on the floor on your stomach
Come up on your elbows
Push ups leaving your hips on the floor
Sets of ten every hour while you are awake

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If you don't mind me asking not trying to sound like a Dick how old are you and does RA run in family?

·
GC/carpenter
GC/Carpenter
43,345 Posts
polishhammer92 said:
If you don't mind me asking not trying to sound like a Dick how old are you and does RA run in family?
Why would that be sounding like a dick? You sound like a dick saying "not trying to sound like a dick" I mean why does dick even have to be brought into the conversation for gods sake?

·
Registered
132 Posts
polishhammer92 said:
Been taking aleive morning and night and chiropractor knows me by first name always asks how'd you miss her off this time before he starts almost to point I'm gonna start buying muscle relaxers and hydro's. Young should not feel like this
Take it seriously and take some time off. The disc needs to heal. Opposite side of sciatica pain shoulder against the wall feet one foot away from wall, use your hand and push your hip towards the wall. Go only as far as pIn will let you don't over do it. Set of ten every hour.

·
Registered
132 Posts
polishhammer92 said:
Kinda impractical when working 13 hr days
That was my attitude the first time I had sciatica pain, then I could not move from the living room floor for 3 months until I could get surgery.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That was my attitude the first time I had sciatica pain, then I could not move from the living room floor for 3 months until I could get surgery.
This really sucks I'm doing a barn renovation right now and had to stop couple times today to take aleive and try to stretch without other guy seeing me.

·
Registered
Custom
13,230 Posts
Whenever my back goes out(rarely), I can barely move... I go to Chiropractor and am back in the swing of things quickly... longest I've ever gone was 2-3 times in one week. First visit got me moving again, by third back to normal. Now of course, they want you to keep coming for "maintenance", but whose got time for that?

LOVE those freakin' massage tables and electrodes... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Whenever my back goes out(rarely), I can barely move... I go to Chiropractor and am back in the swing of things quickly... longest I've ever gone was 2-3 times in one week. First visit got me moving again, by third back to normal. Now of course, they want you to keep coming for "maintenance", but whose got time for that?

LOVE those freakin' massage tables and electrodes... :thumbsup:
Oh yeah I'm almost a daily in his office he closes at four but all I gotta do is call and he is there at 25 bucks a pop almost200$ a week gets tiring.

1 - 20 of 128 Posts