Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
copper magnet
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings.

I'm a contractor in Central Kentucky, specializing in copper roofing/guttering. I've been at it for 25+ years.

I've lurked here off and on for a year or so. I've previously spent my allotted forum time mostly at Fine Home Building's Breaktime. Recent forum changes have made Breaktime difficult to use and have reduced participation significantly. I'm looking for a new place to waste time and feel like I'm accomplishing something at the same time.

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
Greetings.

I'm a contractor in Central Kentucky, specializing in copper roofing/guttering. I've been at it for 25+ years.

I've lurked here off and on for a year or so. I've previously spent my allotted forum time mostly at Fine Home Building's Breaktime. Recent forum changes have made Breaktime difficult to use and have reduced participation significantly. I'm looking for a new place to waste time and feel like I'm accomplishing something at the same time.

Welcome. Grant you should enjoy it here!!

(still can't spell):eek:

By the way guys, this man is a master working with copper products!!!!

·
copper magnet
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I've been avoiding Follansbee like the plaque since that fiasco in the late 80's ito the 90's.
Yeah, me too. But, I'm fairly impressed with this stuff (Klassic Kolors). Gives me a lower price point if they can't/won't afford copper and I can compete with the pan machine guys and still do true double roll standing seam.

I've gotten several historic preservation jobs where they want painted steel, but the hips and ridges must be seamed rather than applied ridge caps. It keeps us out of the painting business.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts