Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I've been reading some of the posts here ,and you all seem like the kind of people I would hang out with.
There seems to be a lot of knowledge of the business that is shared and to be shared.
I am a general contractor in Woodbury, MN. I am licsensed for new or remodel construction,but stay mainly with remodel. The other board I belong to on the net is NTOWS (Nitro Tracker Owners Web site)its primarly about boats and bass fishing and every other thing in between.A great bunch of guys also.

Mark alias Crowbar (my favorite tool!)

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Welcome to the board Mike, I'm a Residential Contractor but most of what I do is remodel (more money,less hassle).
I'm also a lifer in BASS and used to fish a lot of tournaments until my buddy passed from cancer, haven't done a lot of freshwater since.
If you're a fisherman you're really going to hate my position. I can go fishing for Tarpon, Snook, Seatrout and Redfish before I go out for Swordfish. I can then troll in for Dolphin, Wahoo, Tuna, Kingfish and a host of others. If things are slow I can stop over some reefs for Grouper and Snapper. Then I can go to the big 'O' for Bass, Specks and Brim. All in 24 hrs.
Life is good and call me if you're coming to town.

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
Welcome to the board.
Not alot of Bass up here, but what the heck, I can deal with Kings and Halibut :)

Most of my installers love remodel too, lots more money, and way less hassle.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Grumpy, Trust me. Remodels are MUCH less hassle than new and you make a lot more money. Think $40K a month, take home. New construction will take you up to a year and the average is 30-35%.
I've done both and this is the way to go, for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts