Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need a 2-3 step platform ladder or step stool. I had two that I pruchased form Sherwin Williams but they no longer carry them. Dont want to spend alot of money need to buy a few. Any suggestions on where to buy them new or used. Has to have a platform for paint tray. Thanks :)

·
Pro Painter
2,314 Posts
I dunno where to find those. Who paints with a tray though? Especially with a tray set on a ladder? :eek:

First rule I ever learned, don't set your paint down when on a ladder! Might I suggest a 4 foot ladder? I used to have a friend that toted one around everywhere. Easiest thing to lug when you're not going real high...a.k.a interior work.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
I prefer 6fters in fiberglass. Light, has tray accomodations and useful for other things. I'm tall enough to do a 8 ft. wall without anything but prefer something to hold the paint tray, plus a step up makes me a little more accurate.

·
Registered
167 Posts
kimpossible said:
Need a 2-3 step platform ladder or step stool. I had two that I pruchased form Sherwin Williams but they no longer carry them. Dont want to spend alot of money need to buy a few. Any suggestions on where to buy them new or used. Has to have a platform for paint tray. Thanks :)

Hi Kim. I recently purchased 2, 3 foot step ladders. I live in Toronto Canada and purchased them from L Bon Canada. There are differences between step ladders...so do your research accordingly. For example, the type the I purchased (all aluminum) have pinch free bend arms and each step on the ladder will take 1000 lbs. Other comparable models, which cost the same, only held 250 lbs per step. This is very significant because I use both step ladders to form a scaffold with a 10 ft long piece of wood (10f x 2 ft). It holds my weight (230 lbs) and my supplies.

Think safety first....your safety.

Zeebo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts