Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on building me a house in a few years, I bought a drafting house plans book and order some drafting tools. I am looking at drawing a two story house because I heard its cheaper to build and take up less room on the lot, but I really dont know. I dont know if this a good idea or not, my problem is the book I bought dont teach you how to draw staircases.

·
Professional Instigator
6,872 Posts
I am planning on building me a house in a few years, I bought a drafting house plans book and order some drafting tools. I am looking at drawing a two story house because I heard its cheaper to build and take up less room on the lot, but I really dont know. I dont know if this a good idea or not, my problem is the book I bought dont teach you how to draw staircases.
Maybe buy a seperate book on stair drawing

·
Eater of sins.
4,684 Posts
Save your money and send the drafting tools back. Go on-line and get one of the many free AutoCAD clone drafting software.
I suggest ProgeCAD or DoubleCAD XT, this is the 21st century, you need to be up on the latest technologies anyway.
I suggest also asking a good Architect or Designer for general help.

Andy.

·
Contractor
4,762 Posts
I suggest buying a set of plans for a 'dream house' then altering those plans. Some can be purchased in CAD form which you then may be able to open and alter in whatever CAD program you are using. If you're trying to save lot space, build a 3 story with full basement!

·
Maker of fine kindling
6,199 Posts
Well then, draw a single story house.:laughing:

I like your ambition. :thumbsup:

I wish you luck. You can do this, seriously.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Well then, draw a single story house.:laughing:

I like your ambition. :thumbsup:

I wish you luck. You can do this, seriously.
:thumbsup: Seriously! If you can imagine it, you can build it.

Good luck!

·
Maker of fine kindling
6,199 Posts
yes I think I am going to stick with a single story house. :)
Build it how ever you want but build it. It will be an adventure of a life time.:thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts