Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to embark on a simple bath Remodel and wanted to draw up my own plans for submittal to city. I wanted to know if I was able to do this or will I need to hire a proffessional to do this? No walls will be moved or added. There will be a dedicated circut for new spa tub, and new shower and new tub deck, Tile and cabinet vanity. the waste/P-trap will need to be exposed from the concrete pad, and new p-traps for bath and shower will need to be installed. and a ceiling light will be removed and j-box will recieve a cover, and a ceiling fan will take it's place but will be moved aprox. 6 feet away. on a new j-box , but on same circut.

BTW Info if needed for location, this will be in Gilbert, AZ.

·
Pompass Ass
2,090 Posts
I am about to embark on a simple bath Remodel and wanted to draw up my own plans for submittal to city. I wanted to know if I was able to do this or will I need to hire a proffessional to do this? No walls will be moved or added. There will be a dedicated circut for new spa tub, and new shower and new tub deck, Tile and cabinet vanity. the waste/P-trap will need to be exposed from the concrete pad, and new p-traps for bath and shower will need to be installed. and a ceiling light will be removed and j-box will recieve a cover, and a ceiling fan will take it's place but will be moved aprox. 6 feet away. on a new j-box , but on same circut.

BTW Info if needed for location, this will be in Gilbert, AZ.
Call the building department and ask them what their requirements are.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts