Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do HO work through referals and S.M. seems i do more work trying to get work than I do working.
There are building contractors in my area still staying relatively busy doing remodels and such.i used to do a lot of sub work 'triming houses' and would like to back into it...
problem is most contractors have "their guys" .
Anybody know the best way to approach a contractor about doing work for them. Ones that you don't already have a relationship with... I have lots of pictures of past projects that would help with my credibility and quality of workmanship ... should I set an appointment , try to catch them at the office or job ?

·
Shiloe
27 Posts
Call and introduce yourself, and without taking up too much time, ask for a chance to bid their next upcoming project. Follow up with an email with easy to view photos of recent projects and your contact information. Although most GCs have their go-to guys, they're always looking for better people to add to the mix.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sub-Contractors

I would reach these local companies in your home town:

Architects- Here you can find local General Contractors, you can ask them who keeps busy or drop off a business card and they can pass it onto a builder.

Property Managment Company- These companies will create alot of side and odd jobs. Depending in the area you live in, if you can get on with 3-4 of these companies. They might keep you busy.

Phone Book- Local Contractors, Always a good way to try and get in.

Just a few ideas, hope it helps and good luck!

AC PROFESSIONAL SERVICES
Business Consultant
Cell 951-392-0834

·
Super Moderator
11,965 Posts
Keep your name in front of them. A good GC always has a back up in case resources are overbooked, or he simply gets PO'd at a particular sub.

They also will check out other subs to keep their current ones honest.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the good advice ...i'll put it to good use.. I never thought about talking to architects...mabee Interior designers too...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts