Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
16,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a new Hilti foam gun to replace the other one that went bad. Got it on ebay new about 8months ago and the bracket on top where the can screws in threads gave out to the body of the main unit and foam shot out everywhere. Called Hilti and they asked if I had an account with them and said no and they instantly said they don't have spares and there's no warranty on foam guns. He then said if I open an account and buy a lot from them I can get the gun for $99 as its normally $159! Its $99 on anazon day in day out!

Not so much worried about having to get a new gun but trying to convince me that its in my best interest to open an account because it way cheaper for tools and fasteners than buying from dealers is pathetic. It is stupid that you cant get a $3 piece to go onto a $100 gun to keep it working though.

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
They're just blowing up it's because they don't care about pissant businesses like yours. They give the guns away for free with purchase of 2 cases of foam.

·
Registered
16,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Inner10 said:
They're just blowing up it's because they don't care about pissant businesses like yours. They give the guns away for free with purchase of 2 cases of foam.
Seems that way lol. Well I won't be buying my regular 12 expansion bolts a year. See how they like that.

My mate was buying that Hilti foam for a bit and I think he was paying about $190 a case of 12 so I should hope you get a free gun with $380 worth of foam. Great stuff had a promotion not long ago at my supplier where you got 6 cans of foam a gun and a cleaner can for $99. Their guns are cheaper though but still you end up with 4 guns and 4 cleaner cans for about the same price.

He's using that osi wintecq that's better than the Hilti foam and its only $10 a can compared to Hilti's $18 a can too. Hilti make you think they are doing you deals but they are making the msrp stupidly high then selling it at a "discount". Yet its still much more money than other brands.

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
Many products at hilti if you arnt getting 40 percent off you are getting hosed. I think Chris said he was paying 11 or 12 bucks a can, I was paying 15, regular price is 18...but he goes through skids of the stuff.

Also the only guy who can approve discounts is the rep that's assigned to your account. If he's an ******* then you get hosed.

·
I'm a Mac
5,487 Posts
And ya, I believe you when you say the service is not great for non-account customers, I couldn't get anywhere far other then buy product until I opened an account...now I get service galore like you wouldn't believe

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
And ya, I believe you when you say the service is not great for non-account customers, I couldn't get anywhere far other then buy product until I opened an account...now I get service galore like you wouldn't believe
What do you pay for sausages of CP606 and FSONE? I have a feeling I just got corn holed...The price I paid for 3M seems substantially lower.

·
I'm a Mac
5,487 Posts
jaydee said:
I only have two. ones used, the others the back up. running floor adhesive through them, clogs them up bad , Even if you try to keep them clean..
Do you really think there is that much of a difference between Window & Door foam and Subfloor foam?

We use the one type for everything from gluing ICF forms, Windows & Doors, Subfloor, Conduit holes, and everything in between.

If I bought different foam for different applications and gave it to the crew without supervision...I don't even want to think about it.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts