Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
DPDT, Momentarily on
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
To go under this lid. :laughing::laughing::laughing:
Custom cover for a home made barbecue pit.
6'-8" wide x 3'-11" deep x 1'-8" high.

Pit is made from 8" block lined with fire brick and will eventually get covered in rock.

Still got to do some bracing and handles and chimney/dampner.
Finish up tonight then go put it in tomorrow am.
Within a couple of hours there will be 50 Boston butts cooking for Saturday's party of ~300 people.:thumbsup:
Yum.
0924091844a.jpg

0924091910.jpg

In case you didn't see the dimensions above that's a 6' ruler.
0924092025.jpg

Later
Brian

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Even a full person can fit in... :thumbsup:

Reminds me a news story about a son/daughter (+50-60) after lost job ... went back staying at mom's house... seing that she (+80) still got regulat welfare check & foodstamps :whistling... sick & about to die.. so decided to kill her, chop her in small pieces...:sad:.. and smoked-favored BBQ her in a self-made pit in da backyard so everyone thought they have a nice BBQ dinner....:rolleyes: and started collect monthly checks ..therefore no more postive identification for police investigation ... well...until DNA came up....months later!!!... Now they are in jail.. must paying back thousands of stolen $$$ from Uncle Sam.. :eek::shutup::notworthy

·
DPDT, Momentarily on
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Even a full person can fit in... :thumbsup:

Reminds me a news story about a son/daughter (+50-60) after lost job ... went back staying at mom's house... seing that she (+80) still got regulat welfare check & foodstamps :whistling... sick & about to die.. so decided to kill her, chop her in small pieces...:sad:.. and smoked-favored BBQ her in a self-made pit in da backyard so everyone thought they have a nice BBQ dinner....:rolleyes: and started collect monthly checks ..therefore no more postive identification for police investigation ... well...until DNA came up....months later!!!... Now they are in jail.. must paying back thousands of stolen $$$ from Uncle Sam.. :eek::shutup::notworthy
My helper had to climb in to set some anchors near the hinges, he was all

"Don't close that lid on me @#[email protected]!%^&!

·
DPDT, Momentarily on
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks.

The grill is 3/4"-#9 expanded metal. Came from one of my regional steel suppliers.

The owner sent me a pic of it with the rock work all done. Says it works great.

I'll have to take his word for it since I still haven't tried any of his BBQ.:cry:

Darn. Now I'm hungry.

BBQ.jpg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts