Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Looks great!, nice carpentry work!

I assume there is going to be glass inset so ya can put memorabilia and stuff in the spaces to see. We have a coffee table like that. Only problem is you NEVER want to spill anything on there it will immediately make a mess of everything. Liquids will make there way right around the glass into that space. Makes a real mess.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Looks great!, nice carpentry work!

I assume there is going to be glass inset so ya can put memorabilia and stuff in the spaces to see. We have a coffee table like that. Only problem is you NEVER want to spill anything on there it will immediately make a mess of everything. Liquids will make there way right around the glass into that space. Makes a real mess.
Thanks AJAX! You're right ... it's got glass inserts in it. The customer wanted those to be permanent so spills wouldn't go into the boxes, so we siliconed them in place. We put access doors on the front or back of each cell/box, and used some nice decorative handles on them ... looks great and gives them a way to easily put their stuff in there for display. They were going to put small lights in each cell and turn it into a shadow box type of thing to display their collectibles and memorabilia ... not sure if they ever did or not. We ended up going back later and building them a matching overhead top with recessed lights, custom wine rack and built-in speakers. It looks every bit as nice as the bar. Put some brass rails on the side and foot steps. It looks nice.

We were doing a full-home remodel for this particular customer and they wanted us to build a bar for them ... they told us they wanted something unique, no matter how much it cost. They went on vacation to Myrtle Beach for a week and when they came back this was at home waiting for them. They had no idea what it'd look like ... they were floored when they saw it and said they never expected something that nice. Made us feel pretty good.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The two pieces in the area shown is there because this allows acces to the display area the area tapers down to small in the back to allow for access door. The top has beveled 1/4" tempered glass inserts with a clear gasket underneath the edge to seal from any liquids seeping into display area. The finished bar has stainless foot rail all the way around the bottom and the access doors have small stainless keyed locks to secure doors. The homeowner put display of western memrobila in the case pictures, guns, etc. There is a matching top above with same profile with slots cut for stem glasses and recessed lights shine down on display from the top section. The panels on the top although the same as the ones one the bottom have oak inserts instead of glass and that is where recessed lights are located. The small sections that mirror the on you asked about in your question have the cutout slides for the glasses one on each side. I had all the pics on SD cards but can't seem to find the finished ones of the whole bar I will keep searching.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Wait..I'm confused:confused1: I thought Straightline started this thread?

Thanks AJAX! You're right ... it's got glass inserts in it. The customer wanted those to be permanent so spills wouldn't go into the boxes, so we siliconed them in place. We put access doors on the front or back of each cell/box, and used some nice decorative handles on them ... looks great and gives them a way to easily put their stuff in there for display. They were going to put small lights in each cell and turn it into a shadow box type of thing to display their collectibles and memorabilia ... not sure if they ever did or not. We ended up going back later and building them a matching overhead top with recessed lights, custom wine rack and built-in speakers. It looks every bit as nice as the bar. Put some brass rails on the side and foot steps. It looks nice.

We were doing a full-home remodel for this particular customer and they wanted us to build a bar for them ... they told us they wanted something unique, no matter how much it cost. They went on vacation to Myrtle Beach for a week and when they came back this was at home waiting for them. They had no idea what it'd look like ... they were floored when they saw it and said they never expected something that nice. Made us feel pretty good.
Anyway, I wish I still had customer like that, "whatever you decide". Nice:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
:thumbup: Nice looking place to level some spirits:laughing:

I'm a little slow... I just got your screen name...Sponge Bob:laughing::laughing:

Reactions: straightline
1 - 13 of 13 Posts