Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got all these goodies for $20 this afternoon. He wanted $30, but being the sporting man I am, I felt the need to get an even better deal if possible.

Sterling 6 Cu. Ft. "the tough guy' wheel barrow, a 48" and 24" crick that need new glass and some linseed oil, but still read true, 3 brick spacer rules, and misc. hand tools, jointers, tuck pointers, shovel, mud hoe, etc.

I probably made more today than if I'd gone to work lol!

·
Super Moderator
27,669 Posts
I'll give you $40 for it
Cheap azz Jesse....

Ill give you 50! :laughing:

Im kidding. Im a big puss when it comes to anything masonry related other than concrete. I sub it.:laughing::clap:

I have always dug the trade though. At least learning about it....:laughing:

·
Super Moderator
27,669 Posts
Nice pick up, 6.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The guy buys storage units and this was in it. He has a storage unit in the same area I have one. His doesnt sell contractor type stuff in his shop downtown, just home furnishing type things.

·
Vendor
6,347 Posts
The wheelbarrow is $180, the levels are $150, the rules are 20 bucks each, and those are prices for GOOD customers. If you can't find them local, I can send you a level repair kit with the glass, retainers, and oil for about 25 bucks.

·
Registered
Custom
13,217 Posts
I like a good deal too... following your example I'll give you $10... :thumbsup: :laughing:

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Great deal ! Sterling is the Cadillac of wheelbarrows IMHO. I will not buy any brand but them,worth every penny they as for them. They will out last a Jackson two to one.

·
mason contractors
487 Posts
Great deal ! Sterling is the Cadillac of wheelbarrows IMHO. I will not buy any brand but them,worth every penny they as for them. They will out last a Jackson two to one.
I Did a sea wall last year and the tide cme up over the ledge during a surge.Ihad two wheelbarrow both were gone..we found the jackson never found the sterling ..just brazed it and put a soild tire on it....still pisses me off cuz I know someone got it......probably the mason down furher doing the low bid wall in fact he was gauking at us when he started his job.

·
Registered
11,374 Posts
The seller is probably telling his junker buddies, "Yeah, and I got another $20 from a guy to take all that heavy, old, used crap off my hands."

1 - 20 of 30 Posts