2,794 Posts
That pic is priceless :)

00 CHevy Blazer LS

·
Back from the dead...
6,646 Posts
'95 GMC K2500 4x4
Why?
Buddy of mine bought it brand new just to tote his dragster from race to race. He got it with the tow package and a class V hitch, tranny cooler, trailer brake, etc. etc. But it didn't have the stones for what he needed. So I got it for almost half price with only 6k miles on it.

Its got 170k on it now and still looks good, runs/drives great, and tows my boat like it ain't even there.

·
Registered
89 Posts
*cough* Drumroll please

I can hear the laughter already.

“87” Dodge Dakota w/ 8’ bed. I bought it brand new for $9,116.00 from a fleet manager. It’s had 2 engines, 4 transmissions, 1 rear end, 4 water pumps, 3 starters, 2 fuel pumps, 3 coils, 3 radiators and endless other goodies. I particularly liked when a voltage regulator fried out every bell, light and whistle in the old gal. The only payment I make on her is $53 a month for insurance

Before moving to Maryland I did a very detailed underbody coating on it. She’s my pride and joy and I didn’t want my baby to rust. She looks damn good for her age but I would like a newer truck with an 8 foot bed. A van would be nice but my next vehicle will be for business, and personal use. I don’t think Stevie likes paint fumes LOL.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
gieriscm said:
1009 CUCV (aka Chevrolet 5/4 ton 4x4)

It's the little one on the left...

Hey! I like the one on the right. Does it have one of those mil-spec motors that'll run on piss if you want it to?

·
Remodeler
824 Posts
04 - F150 Heritage 4x4 full box Standard cab. Love the color. Pulls my trailer nicely.

·
Electrical Contractor
2,411 Posts
2000 Dodge G3500 van for work. Never though I'd buy one but I love it!

1996 F-250 super cab Eddie Bauer with a 7.5 (460ci) gas motor to pull the race car trailer. Still in great shape and I love this one as well.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Work out of 2001 1 ton cube fan with box's on 1 side. Have a 96 3/4 ton 4 x 4 with snow plow. IMO you need 2 vehics 1 to work out of and cary tools and 1 to haul material when necessary. If I do a deck or basement I need my 4 x 4 to bring my dump trailer to the back of the house for clean up of supply materials. Not to take this thread in a different direction but is dumpster rentals getting out of hand or what. I bought my dump trailer last summer because the roll off dumpsters were getting out ragous. Here you pay $475 for a 20yd. with 5 day rental, after 5 days it's $5 a day. Alot of the larger companies are buying their own trucks and cans.

·
Custom Builder
4,406 Posts
I got this baby for a song, REALLY LOW MILES.

I'm going to have ladder racks welded on it as soon as I can get it started.

:cheesygri
Bob

·
Registered
156 Posts
After the ladder racks you should mount that hot tub on top and really ride in style.
( i'm really jelluos of you tub Bob)

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Mostly Chevys, some older Fords. Last time Chevy's fleet discount was better than Ford's. Comparing the twos logs over 10 yrs., the Chevey's are cheaper to operate.
These are vans BTW.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey Bob
I have one just like that. Except mine has clothes hanging from it. LOL
My get around toy is a 2001 Dodge Ram. Love it!! Love it so much just spent $2400 to replace the Tranny that just went out on it. (54,000 oringinal miles) WHAT A DEAL!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts