Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Stonemason
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
I wonder if a lightning rod would have even helped.
Yes, hard to say... it was an incredible storm that night... some 5700 lightning strikes recorded over a 3 hour period in our district (county).

Lightning hit one of the chimneys, traveled down the stainless pipe/ wiring for the gas fireplace and once in the drop ceiling space, raced from one end to the other. A lot of kiln dried cedar and spray foam so it went pretty quick... and hot.

·
Stonemason
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
On a side note, if a man wanted to take a vacation and work with your crew a week would that be doable?
I'm sure we could make something work Bill.
I'd want to make sure we were working on something good and interesting at the time, to make it worth your while. We'll be firming up our schedule for the summer/fall months within the next month.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Since this happened back a few months ago, have they started the clean up process yet? Are they going to rebuild the same house back. And will you be working on the new project as well?

·
Stonemason
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Since this happened back a few months ago, have they started the clean up process yet? Are they going to rebuild the same house back. And will you be working on the new project as well?
The site was entirely cleaned up within a month... once insurance/fire investigation was complete. The lot has been sold but the new owner apparently wants to reproduce the same building although we have not had any contact as far as doing the work. It would be a hard call to make that kind of commitment to do it all over again.

·
Registered
663 Posts
The site was entirely cleaned up within a month... once insurance/fire investigation was complete. The lot has been sold but the new owner apparently wants to reproduce the same building although we have not had any contact as far as doing the work. It would be a hard call to make that kind of commitment to do it all over again.
I bet. At least you would know exactly how much work is involved. Probably could price at a premium too.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I'm sure we could make something work Bill.
I'd want to make sure we were working on something good and interesting at the time, to make it worth your while. We'll be firming up our schedule for the summer/fall months within the next month.
Full disclosure. I have a house full of younguns which makes that unlikely to actually happen real soon. I sure would love to though. There's a few people on my list to one day work with and you're at the top. :thumbsup:

61 - 68 of 68 Posts