Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Professional Tradesman
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a test today on the quality of pics my phone takes . Sent it via email thru the phone, anyone else trying out the new gadgetry cell phones are bringing to us today? Havent tried it yet but It can take 20 sec of video also .

Attachments

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
The quality is iffy. What I mean is I wouldn't use the photo for any sort of advertising or to put on a website or brochure... but if I have a salesman or roofer at a house and asking how to deal with some kind of detail, and I am an hour away... Snap a pic, e-mail it to me and I will respond in 5 minutes.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
My wife and daughter just got a couple of picture takin' cell phones. So far they just 'goof' woth the cameras. I just broke down and bought a Sont DSC-T1 digital cam. I love it. It's the size of a pack of smokes and really makes jobsite picture taking a snap. It sits in a small cradle that USB's to the PC and acts just like another disk as far as the PC's concerned. Drag'n drop images, delete images, etc. This camera's got so many features I'll probably never get the time to learn how to really use it well. I like the 'e-mail' feature that tags images for later delivery. It'll record a 5 megapixel image and make a compressed version for e-mail. Pretty cool.

·
Custom Builder
4,406 Posts
I checked out your camara on ebay Pipe, I'm in the market for one, thats a pretty tuff camara, 400 bucks or better tuff.

I like it.

Bob

·
Professional Tradesman
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Glasshousebltr said:
I checked out your camara on ebay Pipe, I'm in the market for one, thats a pretty tuff camara, 400 bucks or better tuff.

I like it.

Bob
I use my Sony Mavica for quality pictures, just for my own benefit i snapped off a few at a jobsite to see the quality , they are sent more or less in thumbnail size, I blew it up and it obviously overpixelated. No biggie, just a test.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
GPI, It gets the point across but it's not going to make you Ansel Adams. How about posting more of a closeup like you were trying to show detail of something say 4 ft away. I'm just curious as my next phone will have this feature.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts