Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
14,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody any experience with the Peters Building Videos? He has 3 roof framing videos, Basic, Advanced and Super Advanced, for about $279 for all of them. You see them advertised in Fine Homebuilding all the time.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
I think I once watched his framing videos in one of the classes I took. They did explain how to fram e a roof and he did say they had a video dedicated to roof framing, but this video was more of a basic run down of framing everything but it didn't get overly specific about anything.

It was old though, like back in the 70's.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Obviously, a certain last poster does not have any idea what he's talking about concerning these roof framing videos. By the way, "The 70's?" Are you kidding?

If, you had viewed any of these three tapes, you would know that they teach EXACTLY how to stick-frame roofs, from basic gables to complex roofs on multiple plate levels.

Perhaps, instead of making a multitude of posts just to post all your "knowledge," or simply yap about something you don't know about, just leave the post clear, and wait for someone who really knows what they are talking about to reply.

·
Banned
3,292 Posts
Another chit talking framer. Howdy a flamer warrior.

I never seen the vid's but want to see them. I had a idea for doing a video tutorial. My idea was shot down by one company. I should of tried other media outlets but I just gave up easy on the idea. I think the price is right for that kind of old school knowledge of a dieing breed. A kid once asked me to teach him stairs I told him for a hundred bucks I would teach him. He told me to fvck myself. LOL
I later heard he drown on a job but now is running three crews. Good for him.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Mike Finley said:
Has anybody any experience with the Peters Building Videos? He has 3 roof framing videos, Basic, Advanced and Super Advanced, for about $279 for all of them. You see them advertised in Fine Homebuilding all the time.
Mike,

I have them. I bought them about 4 years ago. I've been a framer for 22 years now and I still look forward to see someone else do things and what their techniques are. So for 300.00 it's worth any bit of knowledge that he has to offer and that you’re willing to take. It's worth the money. Also Will Holladay has a video that's worth getting too. Roof Framing is the best part of framing a house and I’ve framed a lot of complicated roofs before and he covers quite a bit of stuff that’s worth it. Even an Octagon Roof he covers. He doesn’t cover any “Bastard Hips” but it’s still a good video

Ask Santa to give it to you for Christmas, only if you’ve been a good boy……

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Ahh only one post to flame me. No swet off my back. If the flamer (in more ways than one, I am sure) took the time to read my post where I said "I think I watched one of those" key word on "think" then he wouldn't look so foolish attacking me.

I "think" the video I saw was a peter's video and I know the video I saw was from the 70's. Am I sure it was a peter's video? Nope. Maybe it wasn't.

In any case... One post? Good ridance.

·
Registered
206 Posts
midwest_framer said:
Obviously, a certain last poster does not have any idea what he's talking about concerning these roof framing videos. By the way, "The 70's?" Are you kidding?

If, you had viewed any of these three tapes, you would know that they teach EXACTLY how to stick-frame roofs, from basic gables to complex roofs on multiple plate levels.

[\QUOTE]

:eek: So to you they are worth it.

·
Premium Member
6,938 Posts
midwest_framer said:

Perhaps, instead of making a multitude of posts just to post all your "knowledge," or simply yap about something you don't know about, just leave the post clear, and wait for someone who really knows what they are talking about to reply.
Nice to meet you too.

Welcome to the forum.:thumbdown

·
Custom Builder
4,406 Posts
If a certain last poster had said that the certain poster before him had certainly thought it was a certain video I can't certainly see why Midwest gives a crap.

Voice of Curly "Soyently!"

Bob

·
Registered
6,858 Posts
midwest_framer said:

A little chip on the old shoulder there, mf ?? :cheesygri

1 - 14 of 14 Posts