Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pipeguy,
Do you know what permits are required for a commercial project, not located near wetlands, tapping into city sewer and water. This is a bank. Thanks. Also does anyone have a building permit package I can look at. I have the building permit, sewer and water. What else is needed?

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
I have little experience at securing permits - I just notice the one's that seem to be hardest to get and wind up delaying things. I can tell you that the permitting process is going to vary, sometimes drastically, by locale. You've mentioned some of those that first come to mind. The requirement to secure various environmental permits is becoming more and more widespread. You can usually find a city, county or state web site that'll have a flow chart of the development / building process in your locale.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
If it's anything like down here, you need a permit to apply for more permits. We need one from the EPA to prove that we are not on a wetland, old gas station, on and on. Then a study to make sure that we're not building on old indian mounds/historical sites. On to the impact studies that consider water/wastewater/road capacities/electricity/etc. Then you can apply for your jiffyjohn permits so that your surveyer doesn't mess up the place after he pulls his permit and gets down to business. This takes about 2 years, so we have plenty of time to figure out the rest of them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts