Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Want to play a game?
4,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We just finished the pavers on the patio here. Also painted the house. Now on to the pergola(s).

All rough sawn beams and posts. 6x6 posts, 6x8 beams and 4x8 rafters.

Got to use the Prazi a bit. I'll do a review on it later.

Property House Home Building Roof

Property Building House Home Real estate

Property Roof House Real estate Home

Property House Roof Home Building

Cut from the Prazi. Not smooth but being rough sawn lumber, it does not matter much. The cut is straight and square though.
Tablecloth Wood Table Linens Textile

·
Want to play a game?
4,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nice that the Prazi flips to 45 degrees. All the rafters will have a 45 detail.

Construction equipment Vehicle Machine Tool

·
Want to play a game?
4,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Some progress...

She (HO) could not keep up with painting them all before we got them up so she gave up and said just build it. lol

Roof Property House Home Building

Property Building House Home Swimming pool

Property Roof Building House Patio

Asphalt Road surface Water Concrete Road

Property Roof Building House Shade

Roof Property House Building Home

·
Talking Head
5,388 Posts
Big and simple. I like it. I'm not a fan on all the detailed ends on a simple house.

For the tearout you could mark your lines with a sharp blade and cut to the side of it by 1/16". It'll still tear out but it'll be even.

·
Want to play a game?
4,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Big and simple. I like it. I'm not a fan on all the detailed ends on a simple house.

For the tearout you could mark your lines with a sharp blade and cut to the side of it by 1/16". It'll still tear out but it'll be even.
I tried a couple but that Prazi is a beast. So I gave up. They all will need a little attention but not too much do to the nature of the rough sawn.

·
designer + carpenter
556 Posts
Big and simple. I like it. I'm not a fan on all the detailed ends on a simple house. For the tearout you could mark your lines with a sharp blade and cut to the side of it by 1/16". It'll still tear out but it'll be even.
Just hit it with a sanding block after the cut, before you move it. I like the rough cut on the rough sawn...looks appropriate.

·
Artist and not a curator
14,245 Posts
I like your blocking that looks sharp.:thumbup:

I agree with ninzan, simple "deburring" is all that's needed, makes it look finished in a rough cut sense.

·
Want to play a game?
4,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys. She is going to finish painting and she wants retractable screen on top. We will also be building a little pergola over the BBQ area. So I want to get pictures of all that.

Reactions: hdavis

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
I finished this up just before the winter hit the fan. Big and simple with lights and fan package. I was curious about what the different angles and layouts are called so after Googling for a while this tapered look is called Japan style. Send the finished picts.

Beam Architecture Wood Building Room

Beam Architecture Wood Building Room

1 - 15 of 15 Posts