Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Need advice on an interior paint job… Is it the responsibility of the home owner or the professional painter to wash interior walls prior to repainting? My paint is already peeling off one of my walls and it has only been 9 days since the painting was done… I’m not a professional myself, so I don’t know if this situation is typical or not. 😩 thank you in advance for your advice/help!

Benjamin Moore Interior Latex Eco Spec used to paint over a matte/flat finish paint that was originally painted on roughly 13 years ago.

Water Sky Grey Tints and shades Circle

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Totally normal. The fact that it’s peeling after only nine days is actually good. It usually takes a few weeks to figure out that the person that did the painting was a moron.

Think of all the time and money you saved. And now you know what to look for when you have to pay someone to do it again.

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Totally normal. The fact that it’s peeling after only nine days is actually good. It usually takes a few weeks to figure out that the person that did the painting was a moron.

Think of all the time and money you saved. And now you know what to look for when you have to pay someone to do it again.
They did my whole house already 😭 so I’m assuming this won’t be the last of the peeling. I’m devastated.

·
Registered
11,559 Posts
Normal prep depends on the surface condition, and usually the painter determines and adjusts accordingly. That can mean dust mop, or light scuffing/sanding then dusting, and even priming, etc. But some painters have experience to know and expect what will adhere with minimal prep. I would not expect the worst, but have them back to see what they can do. At least they'll be alerted that there could be a problem. Sometimes that can happen when a repair is not completely dried out.

Btw, you might want to post this at diychatroom instead. This site is meant for contractors only.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
55,707 Posts
Thanks for posting on ContractorTalk.com. The Moderators of this forum would prefer that you post Homeowner and/or Do It Yourself related topics on our sister site www.DIYChatroom.com

ContractorTalk.com is designed for professional contractors to discuss issues and topics related to the construction and remodeling industries. Many of our professional contractors are also members at DIYChatroom.com and are looking forward to assist you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com If you're not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.DIYChatroom.com/register.php/

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. This thread has been closed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.