Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of joining either the Painting and decorating contractors of America(PDCA) or the national alliance of professional painters(NAPP).I was wondering if anyone could tell me if joining these types of organizations are really worth the membership fees,and if so is there really any diffrence between the two?

·
Back from the dead...
6,646 Posts
Yes, I think they are worth the price. I would say the main difference of the two is that PDCA is more geared toward the technical side, as in technique, products, standards, etc. And the NAPP is more geared towards the business side, as in marketing, referral systems, maintenance programs, newsletters, etc. By no means have I covered all that these assoc. do, but that is the gist of it.

I would suggest joining NAPP first if you are a new company to get the business end squared and inline, then look into the PDCA for the rest.

And remember, the fees are tax deductible.

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Swish,

I'm asking my self the same question right now. Limited money to start this thing up and I need to streach every penny. If you join one of them let us know if its worth it for you.

·
Systems Fanatic
415 Posts
I'm a member of both PDCA and NAPP. I've been in PDCA for about 3+ years, and NAPP for 1 month. I can't say PDCA has done a lot for me, but I have to take some of the responsibility. I haven 't attended any conferences, and mostly just bought books and tapes.

I don't have enough experience with NAPP to comment, but I have spoken with Mark Havens (NAPP's founder) and he has a lot of experience in the business side of painting. If I had to choose between NAPP and PDCA, I wouldn't hesitate to go with NAPP.

Brian Phillips

1 - 5 of 5 Posts